Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2 resets to default settings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2 resets to default settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2 resets to default settings Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed that Navigator 2 goes back to the default settings when it is turned off? E.g. my safety speed defaults to 65 and option to show next motorway keeps getting checked. I change these options, close Navigator 2 down, load up again and it is defaulted back.

However, all my other custom settings, seem to remain at what I set them. Anyone got any ideas?

I also have the problem that my backlight does not stay on when I am driving. In order to keep it on I have to change the settings of 'turning off backlight when on batteries' setting. I have to disable this all together. Is this the way everyone else does it or is there another way? Thanks
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2 resets to default settings Reply with quote

Very surprised that 48 people have viewed this posting and no one has replied, even to simply say that "Yes, this happens to me also" or "Nope, doesn't happen to me"

Anyway, I managed to solve the problem after trying different ideas. The problem was that the SD card that stored the map data was locked (Set to readonly). This stopped it saving any further details including customisation settings and favourites settings. I didn't realise that it would do this and thought settings would be stored on the Ipaq.

What is even weirder is that Tomtom Nav 2 didn't even say that it could not save the settings and suggest that the destination might be read only.

Anyway, so if anyone else has this problem then do check that your card is not on read only.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

You'll probably find that one person just read the thread 48 times . I missed this thread initially as I don't get the chance to read every message now a days, although I try my best.

Another cause of this can also be that if you don't exit TomTom Navigator and you've changed the setting, although you think you've exited it's still running in background, and then you do a soft reset. Because you haven't physically closed it, it won't save the changes, this has happened to me a couple of times.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: