Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Shell Petrol Stations (Optimax in UK)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Shell Petrol Stations (Optimax in UK)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikorsa16v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Shell Petrol Stations (Optimax in UK) Reply with quote

Its good not to mix the RON ratings of fuel about (from normal unleaded and optimax and super) so if possible i would like to try and build a POI database of all the shell garages around where i go. If people would like to help, it would be appreciated!

Mikee
Mikorsa16v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Shell Petrol Stations (Optimax in UK) Reply with quote

i have emailed shell, hopefully they will send me some of their garages!

who would find this useful?
TheBoyGroucho
Regular Visitor

I tried emailing Shell a while ago hoping to get a list of Optimax fuel stations locations but they just directed me to :

http://www.catalist.com/uk/register/secure/welcome.asp

You can find the approx locations of individual Shell stations from this website but I'm not sure if its good enough to generate an accurate GPS location.
Mikorsa16v
Occasional Visitor

okay! been tried before then!

cheers

i will persist :P

cos i like me optimax ATM!
nicknick
Regular Visitor

I have a list but it's about 6 years old (used a list I found searching around and converted to OV2)

When travelling there are a fair few wrong and missing. So it's about 50% accurate - you are welcome to it if you EMail me

Nick
TheBoyGroucho
Regular Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Mikorsa16v on 06 May 2003

cos i like me optimax ATM!

Me too...I hope you persevere.

Stoneghost
Occasional Visitor

I too e-mailed shell explaining that i would like any data they have on their site locations, offering to convert it to poi, I even offered to update the poi info at regular intervals if they could provide me with updates, I offered to do this all free of charge (obviously) simply because i collect pluspoints.

They weren't interested even when I mentioned there were poi's for their competitors, they just told me they have a location thingy on their website

Stoneghost

iPAQ 5450, Socket BTGPS
RobMob
Regular Visitor

I have a list in excel of Shell garages with post codes emailed to me by Shell on 10/2. Unfortunatley I have not had the time since to do anything with it. I understand that using something like Mappoint there may be ways of extracting the Long/Lat from the postcode. There are approx 1000 listed but unfortuantley do not show if optimax or not. However it should be possible to cross ref with the website to find the optimax sites. If anyone has the time and wants the list email me and I will forward it on.

RobMob
Mikorsa16v
Occasional Visitor

cool!

it would be good to even put these in to a database, however i would not know how to start a file to be transferred to Tom Tom, can i make it in autoroute? Laughing Out Loud, sorry for being a beginner :P
RobMob
Regular Visitor

Mikee

Email me at rm@robmob.com and I will send you the file. I imagine there are others on the forum that could help with the conversion or use of Autoroute to extract the Long/Lat or similar.

RobMob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: