Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: PaPaGO US Review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: PaPaGO US Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: PaPaGO US Review Reply with quote

If you follow this site closely you know that we are always looking for applications that expand the reach of GPS navigation, both from a map coverage point of view as well as what is considered to be usability and feature richness. Well, PaPaGO is a very interesting addition to the race. Mostly because it is the first application that has a very decent coverage of Asia and South Africa, but also for some of its special features.

Read the full review here.
andrewgohlk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: New version of PAPAGO! COPILOT 7 Reply with quote

There's a new version 7 of PAPAGO! It's look & feel is getting closer to the likes of TomTom Navigator 3 or ALK Copilot Live 5.
Unfortunately, it's in Chinese (Taiwan).
Check it out at their website:

http://www.papago.com.tw/index.htm

The good thing about this software is that they have maps for Asia besides USA & Europe!
I've been asking TomTom & ALK if they have plans for Asian countries, eg. Singapore (my country) or Malaysia, but they showed no interest. Sad
At least now I can look forward for PAPAGO! 7.
Hopefully, the English version will be out soon. 8)
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.

we did actually mention version 7 in the review but since it's not available yet in english we decided to do the review on version 5

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
GpsPasSion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on the availability of v7 in English at this point ? It does seem to bring quite a bit at the UI level and hopfeully allow for address searching.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No solid date yet. I keep pressing them but they tell me that so far they didn't find a buyer for the license. It's a true pity since this would bring some new perspective into the US market.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
GpsPasSion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's disappointing, and maybe it would be easier to find a licensee if they had an English version ready...

Judging by your map of Asia and the download site http://www.matlastech.com/mk5/download.htm, it seems they don't have complete country coverage but offer "large town" coverage instead.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maps I have for v5 are completely covering the area, not just big towns. But the map data was a bit thin - no house numbers for example.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
GpsPasSion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes or was it just the lookup feature missing ? Are you referring to USA maps, I believe they do indeed have continuous coverage for Europe and the USA, with the TA databases.
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: What PaPaGo really mean Reply with quote

PaPaGo in Taiwanese (no, not Chinese) means "go out / tour around". Originally, it means someone who doesn't like to stay home all the time.

By the way, even if Maction / PaPaGo is based in Taiwan, to this date, after the release of R12, their map data are still full of discrepancies. Most users like its UI, but that's about it. For more accurate Taiwan map GPS, you'd better stick with Garmin or Mio 268, both use the more expensive map data, thus are way more expensive than PaPaGo.

China map from PaPaGo (Maction / MapKing / KingMap / whatever it is) is also said to be "not detailed or up-to-date" enough.

I don't even need GPS in Hong Kong, all I use is a paper map from their tourist bureau that's everywhere when you get off planes.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: