Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - French update on uk spv c500 + tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

French update on uk spv c500 + tomtom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: French update on uk spv c500 + tomtom Reply with quote

I have installed the spv c_500 French update, all went very well. I see the new media player (although i used BetaPlayer anyway). The camera looks very good and pictures are much clearer and brighter. Only had installed this afternoon so not played around with too much. My problem is now how to get my TomTom Mobile 4 up and running again. I seem to remember before there was an incoming and outgoing port setting (6 and 7) which was found by start/more/..... configurations/ then somesort of serial setup. This has now gone. However from start/settings/bluetooth/bluetooth then menu there is now a COM ports tab under devices (not sure if was there before) by selecting this and then menu again you get option to add new outgoing, and new incoming. I have tried both these as 6 and 7 and can't get to work. My bluetooth GPS reciever is being found no problem by the way.
Any ideas, preferably off someone with an uk orange spv_c500 with a French Update.
I'm about to see if i can get back to the original update stage if i get no joy.

Yes mine is a non standard BT GPS reciever, but worked well before. (yes have traffic update and all what was needed before,....... after someone pinched original receiver) must be a big pile of these things somewhere....... and maybe my cigarette lighter is there too.

Also tried imei unlocker for 20 quid and cant get that to work either, waiting for a few emails offthem though to see if i can get back to the original orange update version 4.1.1.4 instaed of this French 4.2.2.4
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i'm all sorted now

Firstly DO NOT upgrade using the French rom unless you have payed the well deserved 20 quid to http://www.imei-check.co.uk/ its that simple. After this you can play about with as many roms as you want upgrade, downgrade even sidewaysgrade

Secondly if like me you think, ah no problems i'll take a chance then this is the Saviour you are looking for...... he even put it back to the 4.1.1.4 official Orange firmware for me

MIGsofT LTD.
> FAO:Florin Mandache
50 Belmont Street
Kilsyth
Glasgow
G65 9UP
Scotland

But please email the support team on support@imei-check.co.uk to verify this PLEASE and maybe quote the reference "i'm as stupid as BunnyMan69"

:D Bunny once again
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add also, an unlocker will be available from above (imei-check) at some time around end of june/begining of july
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the instructions on http://www.mobismart.net/forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=696 that allows you to backup your ROM before applying any update. You can then restore your UK ROM image even if you had installed the French one and didn't have it IMEI unlocked :D
pikacu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have paid £20 to unlock my C500 - and now I can't paired the phone with my Holux GR-231 Receiver. The phone able to detect it when searching but once return to the main windows, the device disappeared from C500 again... Help ............. I wish I shouldn't have unlocked the phone, now i'm stuck. Any bright ideas?
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope u got sorted now. Loads of forums out about that one.............. lemee know if still struggling. Sorry about the non swift reply by the way Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: