Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - copilot for laptop
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

copilot for laptop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
G1OSE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: copilot for laptop Reply with quote

ok i found a us site that says that the copilot has 2 way voice and says the road names for the roads to turn down basically i was wondering if i got a gps receiver will it do it on my laptop and if so what receiver to get and where to get both the unit and the software?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: copilot for laptop Reply with quote

The laptop version does not only speak to you the road names to drive to, but you can give it voice commands. I'm pretty sure you have to purchase the suggested CoPilot GPS Receiver which is a dongle, I don't think you can use a third party GPS Receiver.

You can purchase it direct from www.travroute.com
G1OSE
Occasional Visitor

so if i wanted to buy the uk version where can i get it as i need maps for all around the world uk specifically some europe and the us cheers for the reply that one looks well good!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I'm not too sure there is a UK version, I haven't seen one on sale anywhere.
G1OSE
Occasional Visitor

so if i bought the us version would it work and could i get some uk and europe maps to work with it if so any recomendations?

they have to be good maps for the uk.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

No, if there's no UK version then you wouldn't be able to add UK maps to the US version.

Have you considered packages like Route 66 for the laptop ?

There is another product (name escapes me at present) but Darren knows it and he might chip in here, which does have voice navigation, but doesn't have voice input though.
G1OSE
Occasional Visitor

not too bothered bout the 2 way part just wanted road names said to me whilst i drive avoiding looking away from the road as much how good is the route 66 will it say road names etc also how much is it and where from?

cheers for the help though
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Infomap Navigator was the program I was thinking of which is available from Directions Ltd.
G1OSE
Occasional Visitor

i have found what looks like a good package for the usb and europe maps with the software 129.99 is that good and also will it say the road names i no it has voice instructions but will it actually say road names??? as that will help a lot cheers!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I don't think it will say road names. Basically the only product I know of on the market that speaks road names is TravRoute's CoPilot because they have a stregic alliance and exclusive agreement with Fonix who provide the text to speech engine. I don't think you'll find that same sort of voice navigation in any other product, especially for the PC which is rather limited to what is available.
G1OSE
Occasional Visitor

ok then i think ill go for the info one then if thats the best one other than the copilot cheers for all the help though much appreciated!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: