Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver Broken after 9 months
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver Broken after 9 months

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keenanb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver Broken after 9 months Reply with quote

I originally purchased my TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver from a company in London, after only 4 months it stopped working and so a new one was sent to me. This has been working for the last 9 months and now when I plug it into the mains or the car charger NO charging light comes on.

I am about to leave it on overnight, in case it is actually charging but not indicating this via the light. Tom Tom and the original supplier say tere is nothing they can do as it is out of warrenty. So I am stuck with a useless package and no way to recive GPS

What a great product
mw101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the same problem with a ipaq 2210,2 weeks out warranty and not charging so therfoe useless have a look at this site though if you fancy our chances,products have a 5 year warranty according to it

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/facts/salegoodsact.htm
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is not a '5 year warranty', that is the limit for bringing a court case in England and Wales (five years from the time of discovery in Scotland's case). An item only needs to last as long as it is reasonable to expect it to, taking into account all the factors.

In the case of the TT receiver, although it is out of warranty from its original purchase date, the replacement is only 9 months old and it is reasonable to expect it to last twelve months so quoting the sale of goods act may produce a result.

Good luck.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
fabbers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a bit naughty, but so is a product that dies just out of warranty.

Why not take out an extended warranty iPaq Carepaq wait a couple of weeks then phone in the error. I think the 3 year return to base option for an HP 2210 is about £50.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from special "post warranty" Care Packs (which I don't think are available on iPAQs - they are on certain more expensive printers), you can't take out an HP Care Pack once the original warranty has expired.

Before despairing, though, check the warranty expriry date for the iPAQ. Most UK specification iPAQs have a two year warranty. It may also be worth trying to borrow a battery from someone to see if the problem is a dead battery or a dead iPAQ.

David
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extended warranties can be had if you puirchase an ipaq from pcworld via there coverplan department

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
fabbers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidW wrote:
Apart from special "post warranty" Care Packs (which I don't think are available on iPAQs - they are on certain more expensive printers), you can't take out an HP Care Pack once the original warranty has expired.

Before despairing, though, check the warranty expriry date for the iPAQ. Most UK specification iPAQs have a two year warranty. It may also be worth trying to borrow a battery from someone to see if the problem is a dead battery or a dead iPAQ.
David

I contacted HP about that because my 2210 has just gone outside of warranty and they said the 3 year additional carepaqs for the ipaq range can be purchased at any time even after the original has 12 months has expired.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: