Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ins sleeve and tt2.02 not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ins sleeve and tt2.02 not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: ins sleeve and tt2.02 not working Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've been using ins for some time and have just upgraded to TomTom v2, however TomTom doesn't appear to see my sleeve. This is on a 5450 and a 3630.

I've installed the latest navman serial drivers, v 3-1-6, and also the latest TomTom upgrades.

If I choose the GPS icon that TomTom installed then I'm choosing TomTom Navigator GPS and serial cable on COM6: I've got the tickbox next to this selected and the small pocketpc slider over to the right so the mini tomtom logo is displayed.

If I then go to the Status screen everything is grey - am I correct in assuming at least the satellite->Tomtom logo should be animated whilst it tries to lockon?

From searching around this very useful site I downloaded Winfast navigator, set it to Com6 57600k and click connect and nothing happens, just a screen with navigation messages view.

Help!

Greg
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: ins sleeve and tt2.02 not working Reply with quote

Greg, make sure you're using the TomTom Navigator GPS Sleeve option, and the COM port that your sleeve normally talks on. It's usually something like COM5-8 depending on what else you have installed that has COM ports assigned. If you select this driver, and tick the tick box, you should then be able to goto the GPS Status screen and this will start showing some gray sat bars.

There were problems with the iNS not working, and a driver was required to get it working with other software like TTN2, and I'm not sure, but I think it was the Navman Serial Drivers so I believe you should be okay.
gregh
Regular Visitor

if i choose

TomTom GPS (IPAQ sleeve)

then the only option I see is GPS receiver

if I choose

TomTom Navigator GPS

I get these options:

serial cable on COM0

COM3:

Serial cable on COM6

USB cable@

bluetooth serial port COM5

bluetooth serial port COM8

which I then choose COM6 but I still get nothing Sad

Greg
Dave
Frequent Visitor

If you eject the sleeve and put it back onto the iPAQ, do you get an "Unrecognised Card" error ? If you are seeing this, then check out this thread as another Compaq iNS user had this problem.

TBH I've never seen it listed as Serial cable on COM6.   Usually when you select the TomTom GPS Sleeve you get another option (the exact title escapes me), but it's something like GPS Sleeve.
gregh
Regular Visitor

I do indeed get the unrecognised card error, so will try following that thread.

If I uninstall TT2 in order to install the Navman sware indicated in that thread, do I need to re-activate TT? I've already activated it twice Sad

Greg
gregh
Regular Visitor

latest is when I try and install the Navman upgrade I get a optscanbus error message.

it says: OptScanBus Failed!

and that's all.

This is proving nice and easy isn't it!!!!!

Greg
NickR
Occasional Visitor

Greg

Works fine on my setup

iPAQ 3970 and Compaq iNS.

I use the TomTom GPS (iPAQ Sleeve) on COM6.

Nick
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Gre, I think you'll need to contact NAvman. It sounds like you don't have the underlying driver that supports the OptScanBus. I thought it was contained within the Serial Driver, but maybe it's not.
gregh
Regular Visitor

Nick,

can you tell me what you did/installed to get this working!!! I've tried it on a 3630 and 5450 with no luck :^(

Regards,

Greg
gregh
Regular Visitor

I've re-installed INS and all appears fine, with this installed the Navman GPSInfo tool runs fine.

So somehow I need to keep the driver parts of INS and blow the rest away!!

regards,

greg
NickR
Occasional Visitor

Greg

I guess that is why I did not have a problem because I left the original ins drivers and software on the pda.

Did you have trouble with the cf card not been recognised after you uninstalled to pocket co-pilot?? (I had to reset the ipaq back to defaults to get the cf card back?)

Nick
gregh
Regular Visitor

Yup, got card not recognised message when you attach the sleeve, even if there is no card inserted!

So I've left Pocket CoPilot installed, removed CoPilot speech and also LiveWire and re-installed TomTom v2,and lo and behold it looks like its working.

Greg
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Excellent, good to see you're sorted now!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: