Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - X-970T How do I Upload PGPSW Speed Cams to unit?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

X-970T How do I Upload PGPSW Speed Cams to unit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k8drh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: X-970T How do I Upload PGPSW Speed Cams to unit? Reply with quote

Hi all!

Having checked the other threads and the newbie thread on how to install PGPSW cams on a X970T New Edition V7.0.3, I am still stuck!

The newbie thread seems to be for PDA's and the other threads for people who seem to have the speed cams already installed on a previous version (6) and then upgraded to v7.

Does any one know how I can do it? As the main route I travel on always has the sneaky camera vans on and the VM only has fixed cams!

Is it just a case of renaming the file ext and drag and dropping or what? Help!!!

Or am I just being fick?

Thanks

Daz
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: X-970T How do I Upload PGPSW Speed Cams to unit? Reply with quote

k8drh wrote:
Hi all!

Having checked the other threads and the newbie thread on how to install PGPSW cams on a X970T New Edition V7.0.3, I am still stuck!

The newbie thread seems to be for PDA's and the other threads for people who seem to have the speed cams already installed on a previous version (6) and then upgraded to v7.

Does any one know how I can do it? As the main route I travel on always has the sneaky camera vans on and the VM only has fixed cams!

Is it just a case of renaming the file ext and drag and dropping or what? Help!!!

Or am I just being fick? Daz

Hi Daz
I will have the same problem having received my new X970T just before Christmas but I have found this on the PGPSW camera pages - see here which might help you. You will see that at the end of the instructions it refers to loading onto a viaM device - not the X970T but I suspect it is very similar.

Gee-Pee
k8drh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, I will have a go later.

I imagine a lot of people will have had these devices for Christmas etc and will want to know how to perform this task.

I will let you know my results.

Daz
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz, The PGPSW guidance doesn't apply completely to V7, which no longer has POI Manager. To download the camera files go to

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

Page down in the 'SatNav system' box to 'ViaMichelin' to select the format for loading the camera types to data folders on your PC. You will need to unzip as per guidance.

In Content Manager use 'Create Folder' to set up each POI category (Gatso, etc) with the appropriate camera data. Browse to link the POI category to the appropriate PC file.

Enter a name for your 970 POI folder.

To select an icon, either just use the one shown in the Create Folder screen initially, and then read through the later posts in the thread

"SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel form"

at your leisure BEFORE trying the PGSW one or an alternative - or READ THE THREAD CAREFULLY FIRST!! (you will see there is currently a problem with some icons including PGSW's, which VM is working on, and that various people have found ways to overcome it in the meantime). There is also a post on there from Stu (Deepfour) of VM about how to clear a problem with the icon if you do make a mistake.

When you've finished the set-up, press the 'Synch' button in CM to load to your 970.

Once you've done this for a couple of folders, you'll find it quite easy.

[If you need to CHANGE POI folders in Content Manager once you've set them up, eg because PGSW produce a new version of the database, or you make some mistake in setting up, you may well find that the 'Change Folder' option doesn't work properly at the moment either (see

"Updating PGPSW speed camera d/base in v7" for some details)

Until this is sorted (unless of course you are lucky enough not to hit the problem!) I have been using Delete Folder then Create Folder to set up again - a bit longwinded, but works. There may be better ways out there of course]

Hope this helps!
k8drh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave and Gee Pee,

I just realised I was being a bit fick. I was so desperate to get the POI'S on I was missing the obvious!

I see what you mean by the problem the others are having, it just came up on mine after adding the first category.

I didn't realise there was a more indepth manual than the one that came in the box. I downloaded it from VM site and it contains loads of stuff, even how to create your won .asc files! My main issue was that I never noticed the little dots in the box that you click on to load the .asc file.

Where would people be without you fantatsic guys and others like you that post on these forums, god bless you all and have bloomin well Happy New Year!!!

Daz
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David
What a helpful, comprehensive post. I have printed it off for future use as (you will have noticed from above) I have just joined the ranks of the Michelin owners.
PGPSW would do well to use your instructions on the camera pages for the new v7 users.
Thanks
GeePee - I will post when I have followed them and been successful, or not, when I get time.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that (... fingers crossed, hope it works... Cool )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: