Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
Read the current newsletter! Weekly
Newsletter
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Most 1824 Year Olds Believe Cameras Are Effective


Article by: rob brady
Date: 5 Feb 2015

pocketgpsworld.com
A survey has concluded that almost half UK drivers believe that speed cameras and CCTV help with road safety.

According to a YouGov survey of 1,593 adults, 48% of Brits are happy to have our roads monitored.

However, 34 per cent think cameras have no impact - 40 per cent of men want fewer, but that figure falls to just 25 per cent for women.

10 per cent of those questioned actually believe that cameras have made roads more dangerous.

It seems acceptance of cameras may be growing as 53% of 18-24 year olds think that monitoring makes roads safer. The younger generation has grown up with traffic cameras and are well used to seeing them in operation. Even so, the remaining 47% more negative responses represent a pretty sizeable minority.

As future generations take to our roads, it may just be possible that as a country we will eventually learn to love our cameras - or maybe not :)

That said, speed cameras may become a thing of the past as the driving speed of future generations will be programmed into their autonomous vehicles - it's possible that any over-ride of the system will be automatically passed to the authorities for prosecution.

The poll also reported that one in three people believe that vehicle technology has improved driving standards, but over half says that it has either no impact or in fact made driving standards deteriorate.

The survey was commissioned for a new ITV documentary "Car Crash Britain: Caught on Camera" which will be shown at 9pm tonight.

Source
Get Speed Camera Warnings For SatNavs
Get Speed Camera Warnings For iOS
Get Speed Camera Warnings For Android

email icon
Comments
Be the first to comment. Click on Post Reply below.
Reply to topic

CamerAlert Apps



iOS QR Code






Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy

GPS Shopping