Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth GPS & UK Mapping Software for £49.99 !!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth GPS & UK Mapping Software for £49.99 !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every thing in my post is a factual summary of the conversations I had with with sales and customer relations advisors, the later named Anisha gave me the tel no 02088965400 option 2 to speak to a manager on Monday
dave
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any one actually been informed by email or phone that they are not to receive their goods?? If several of us had not phoned them how long would it have been before being informed

How can a company dare to have a website selling items to customers when those customers are completely disregarded in favour of telephone orders. If this is an example of how internet shoppers are treated surly it destroys confidence in this type of commerce is a retrograde step .

Dave
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just checked mine all ok mentioned about the internet orders and they had been trying to take it off the website but the internet team is uavalable and all units have been sold this was discontinued at 0930-1000 this morning

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddsock wrote:
Has any one actually been informed by email or phone that they are not to receive their goods?? If several of us had not phoned them how long would it have been before being informed

How can a company dare to have a website selling items to customers when those customers are completely disregarded in favour of telephone orders. If this is an example of how internet shoppers are treated surly it destroys confidence in this type of commerce is a retrograde step .

Dave

I ordered one lat night at about 11:30 pm. I received an email this lunchtime telling me I wasn't going to get one. I have replied telling them that I expect them to honour my order, citing that my order takes precedence over the telephone orders taken this morning. If they fail to honour a legally binding contract I will take legal advice.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carphonewarehouse were still taking web orders for the unit at 15:15 today, Saturday 10th July 2004. They really should have a system, which knows the current level of stock and therefore stops taking orders when the stock level is reduced to zero.

I placed the order as a bit of a gamble, to see if I would get a unit as I’d rather get the unit at the above price.

It will be interesting to see what happens and whether:
Arrow I get the unit and my credit card is debited.
Arrow I don’t get the unit but my credit card is still debited.
Arrow I get the unit but my credit card is not debited (highly unlikely)

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there out of stock but cant remove the adbert till monday as they cant get hold of the webteam to sort it out Mr. Green Evil or Very Mad

device Lumia 950 xl
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This really highlights the problems with the CarPhoneWarehouse Website, the online ordering system is a joke with no real time stock checking,

When you place an order on the site all that happensi is that it emails the details you enter to the sales team to be processed, Very unprofessional for an outfit of this size,

After having had delays when ordering from in the past over the set, I opted for a phone order that way they process your card while you are on the phone and then if they screw up you have a comeback as they have created an obligation to supply by charging your card,

They have an amazing Wriggle Out clause in T&Cs

Have a read thru the link below, they can basically get out of anything!

http://www.carphonewarehouse.co.uk/commerce/servlet/gben-customerservices-TermsAndConditions

Regards

Victoria
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The head of the well may be a good place to get some answers Exclamation
http://www.cpwplc.com/cpw/about/structure/
Dave
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what they will use to refute the Web Orders--

8.2 Any order made by You will be treated as an offer to purchase Goods or Services from Us. The contract between You and Us will only be completed when We despatch the Good to You or commence the provision of the Services, as the case may be, or when We debit Your credit or debit card, whichever is the earlier. The sale contract is therefore completed in London, England. We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase made by You at any time.

8.3 You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgement of Your order which You may receive from Us shall not amount to Our acceptance of Your offer to purchase Goods or Services advertised on the Website.

8.4 Despite our best efforts, a small number of the numerous products and services on our website are mispriced. However we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures. If a product's and or services correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the product and or provide you with the service. If a product's and or services correct price is higher then our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatch or cancel your order and notify you of such cencellation

Regards

Victoria
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicky wrote:
Hi

This really highlights the problems with the CarPhoneWarehouse Website, the online ordering system is a joke with no real time stock checking,

When you place an order on the site all that happensi is that it emails the details you enter to the sales team to be processed, Very unprofessional for an outfit of this size,

After having had delays when ordering from in the past over the set, I opted for a phone order that way they process your card while you are on the phone and then if they screw up you have a comeback as they have created an obligation to supply by charging your card,

They have an amazing Wriggle Out clause in T&Cs

Have a read thru the link below, they can basically get out of anything!

http://www.carphonewarehouse.co.uk/commerce/servlet/gben-customerservices-TermsAndConditions

Regards

Victoria

True, but one thing they can't wriggle out of is the damage things like this can do to the company image and future profits. Family members and friends have quite a few phones from them and if this is not resolved to my complete satisfaction, I for one will never buy from them again and will certainly go out of my way to inform others to do the same.
dave
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I totally agree with that, Bad Publicity on something like this can do a lot of damage,

I don't feel any sympathy for them as a company, they screwed me over on a phone last month, I purchased a P800 Sim Free on 30th May for £199, in the Catalog that came out the next day it had gone down to £179, they wriggled out of the Automatic Price Match thing they do by claiming it was not valid on SIM free phones!. So I vowed to keep my business from them, (But could not resist this offer).

In a way I hope they have screwed up on the price and have sold them at a loss at least I got my £20 back from them that way ;)

I ordered 4, 1 for me and 3 for Ebay, working on the principle that what I make on the ones on Ebay will make my one free, So I do hope they have lost some money on each they sold!

Regards

Victoria
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddsock wrote:
True, but one thing they can't wriggle out of is the damage things like this can do to the company image and future profits. Family members and friends have quite a few phones from them and if this is not resolved to my complete satisfaction, I for one will never buy from them again and will certainly go out of my way to inform others to do the same.

I agree with you Dave, I bought my first mobile phone (Orange) from a local Carphone Warehouse shop about 9 years ago and also my second one (Cellnet / O2) about 7 ½ years ago. The way they run their online store is poor and their local shops aren’t run any better. It really is inexcusable that in the 21st Century they are running a web based shop that doesn’t know current stock levels. I won’t be using them any more.

I have just received an email from CPW:

Carphone Warehouse Order email wrote:
Thank you for ordering with Carphone Warehouse Online. Unfortunately the item you ordered is out of stock and now discontinued. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Your order has been cancelled and no payment has been taken.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
cadlon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had my order canceled Evil or Very Mad , placed this morning 12:30

Called them up and they apparently only have 1 left in the whole contry
Which is in reading, and i couldnt get hold of anyone at reading!!!

An offer which is too good to be true normally is Exclamation
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicky i wonder if you could sell them here as i thnk you have at least 2 bidders Laughing Laughing

device Lumia 950 xl
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yes I have already been contacted about them Rolling Eyes

I am not going to do anything till they arrive Monday (Counting Chickens and all that!) but after that I am sure something can be worked out,

Problem is I would feel guilty selling them here for a profit but at the same time want to get mine free (Not wrong is it?)

I am still hoping more people from here managed to actually get them from CPW,

Regards

Victoria

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: