Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live services On older devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live services On older devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe it Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Live services is working again, now I wonder whether Tomtom will contact all its long suffering customers offering an extension Laughing

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those affected, call support to ask for an extension of services:

United Kingdom
02079 490 134
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mally1957 wrote:
I don't believe it Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Live services is working again, now I wonder whether Tomtom will contact all its long suffering customers offering an extension Laughing

Agreed now working again in the UK

I know TT read this forum so....without TT Customer Service being bombarded with individual requests [if you really want us to, just say the word & we could jam up your service department] I think as an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM it should automatically add 7 days.
Come on TT, you owe us at least that much!
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree entirely; seven days isn't too much to ask. I renewed my Live Services on Thursday 24th March, in time for my Easter weekend getaway; come Friday and I discover only some services are live; traffic was okay, as was weather, but the others were dead. I really rely on tripadvisor when away from home; in the past I have found some wonderful restaurants, but just when I needed it most it was not available; and so it continued all over the weekend. Services returned to normal on Tuesday evening when I was back home. So at the very least 5 days due. Thank you in advance TomTom if you are reading this.
BodgerBaz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I found, to my relief, that it started working again.

I left home and drove the 90 minute journey to Frankfurt Airport to collect my wife from a brief visit to see her mum in the UK. On the other carriageway I passed an accident with a HUGE tailback which was being rapidly added to with the rush hour traffic.

Fortunately, when we left the airport it asked if we wanted to save 20 minutes by taking an alternate route - "YES" we both shouted "and where the hell have you been. Nice holiday?"

It stopped working again briefly after that but by that time we were back onto familiar roads so it didn't matter.

I have no ideal where she took us, and I didn't much care, I was just so pleased to avoid sitting in a very long tailback.

Now, where's that paper map of Germany I used to carry . . . .
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest news from the TT discussion forum:-

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-traffic-live-and-other-services-47/live-services-not-working-on-live-devices-updated-with-tomtom-home-999551?postid=1074082
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Latest news from the TT discussion forum:-

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-traffic-live-and-other-services-47/live-services-not-working-on-live-devices-updated-with-tomtom-home-999551?postid=1074082

That I would say is fair the one thing it does not seem to say though is will tomtom extend it to everyone or only those who have contacted customer services.

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've sent them plenty of emails regarding this over the last week or so and I haven't received this offer from them as yet.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience dear boy.
If we're to believe them then they do intend to add an extra 3 months to all those affected, even if they (we) didn't raise a ticket, but, as I say, over the weekend... not necessarily.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just registered my concerns with TomTom, so await their reply. Hopefully it will be the three months extension offer! I'll keep you informed.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't get into my 530 account, but can get into the 550 account. However there is not trace of any order let alone my last renewal. I'll be interested to find out how people get on negotiating with TT as I think some data may be lost.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i contacted tomtom CS again yesterday afternoon because my HD traffic was only working every now and again.
whilst on the phone i asked about my extention of subscription to which she replied that it had been done - 1 month!!
i said i had received an email offering 3 months and she said in that case she would apply that straight away.

i checked my device about an hour later and it now shows my sub as finishing mid november (it previously ran out mid august) so it would appear that you may need to follow this thru yourselves to get the full 3 months applied.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I renewed my Live services on 20 Dec. 2015, expecting it to be added to my existing termination date of Feb 2016, but it was not. No sign today of any automatic extension due to the outage. I'll give it a week.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After just phoning their Customer Support centre and querying if it is one week/1 month/3 months free extension to Live Services I was told (and confirmed by email):-

Dear Mr ***,

The reference number for your query is ***.

This is Lisa in Customer care. Thank you for your call about the compensation we are offering to our customers affected by the recent Live services outage

As discussed, the 3 month extension will be added automatically to your account in the next week. I will update you when I see that it has been done

If I you have further queries do not hesitate to contact me using the response link below.

With Kind Regards

Lisa

So....if you're offered or receive anything less than the 3 months then it's worth making the phone call.
Just a matter of seeing/checking this out over the next week or so
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbrowsing wrote:
After just phoning their Customer Support centre and querying if it is one week/1 month/3 months free extension to Live Services I was told (and confirmed by email):-

Dear Mr ***,

The reference number for your query is ***.

This is Lisa in Customer care. Thank you for your call about the compensation we are offering to our customers affected by the recent Live services outage

As discussed, the 3 month extension will be added automatically to your account in the next week. I will update you when I see that it has been done

If I you have further queries do not hesitate to contact me using the response link below.

With Kind Regards

Lisa

So....if you're offered or receive anything less than the 3 months then it's worth making the phone call.
Just a matter of seeing/checking this out over the next week or so

It can be done instantly. Mine was when I phoned up yesterday. Within minutes it was showing the 3 month extention on my device. The cynic in me thinks they will only give it out when asked directly about it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: