Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aldi/Medion bundle PPC250
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aldi/Medion bundle PPC250

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homerw500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Aldi/Medion bundle PPC250 Reply with quote

Please can someone help I have Aldi/Medion bundle PPC250 which works fine but when I am told to turn right or left now. I am still about 30 feet away from the turning but on my brothers tom tom 3 it tells him when he is right on the junction is there any reason for this or is my gps slightly out.

Many thanks for any help
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'd say yours is better. After all, would you like a little advanced warning or are your reactions (and those of the traffic following you) that good that you can respond in an instant?
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the aldi/medion package and yes it does tell you to turn a few feet before the junction. Any later and it would be too late, it seems about right to me. Any later would be rather like French road signs (positioned on the far side of the junction so you know that was the turning that you should have taken just after you miss it).

Do you know anyone else with the Medion package so that you could compare another identical system "in the wild"?
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSecret wrote:
Any later would be rather like French road signs (positioned on the far side of the junction so you know that was the turning that you should have taken just after you miss it).

Laughing I'll have to remember that one Thumbs Up I'm in France next month!
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
Abb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Medion GPS Reply with quote

Acccuracy of GPS will depend on how many Sats are being received, with around 7/8 Sats accuracy is quite good certainly around 5/6 metres or better.
Voice command to turn as has already been said is given before junction in order to give you time to turn. Where roads are very close together a quick glance at the map will tell you whether you are on the right junction or not.
I use the same system and have found it to be spot on as far as position on the road is concerned. Hope that is of some help..........Abb.
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried both Medion (from Tchibo, but I think it's the same) and CoPilot form Evesham.

Medion warned nicely before the junction. CoPilot much too late, so especially in town you had no ides which lane to be in till you were in the wrong one.
Anyone know how Navigon Germany's MBNE fares in this comparison?

Yes you can look at the map (and CoPilot's is good), but I really don't want to keep looking at the map when in London's traffic!
DavidH
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried both Medion (from Tchibo, but I think it's the same) and CoPilot form Evesham.

Medion warned nicely before the junction. CoPilot much too late, so especially in town you had no ides which lane to be in till you were in the wrong one.
Anyone know how Navigon Germany's MBNE fares in this comparison?

Yes you can look at the map (and CoPilot's is good), but I really don't want to keep looking at the map when in London's traffic!
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigon warns you well ahead...You know 'In 800 yards please turn left' 'In 300 yards please turn left' 'Traffic update, I recalculate your route' 'In 100 yards please turn right!' 'Turn right now!'

You get the picture... Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: