Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom to Garmin free Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom to Garmin free Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johntee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: TomTom to Garmin free Software Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just ordered my nuvi 3598 and as a previous long term TomTom user I needed to convert my personal POI to csv for my forthcoming device.

With the advice of our members I found two items that are of use to convert the TT ov2 format files into Garmin csv. POIedit will do block conversions which is a mega plus.

No doubt our regular members will know and have these already. However, the way Satnav users are leaving TomTom (myself included) because of their crazy constraints on accessing their new devices, we will see many others coming over to here who will find these invaluable for converting their POI's for Garmin.

I have uploaded these to my personal box.net account and can be downloaded from there ( no ads or pop-ups, I promise ). They are freeware so no violations or such. just click the links below. I have virus / malware scanned them as clean, but feel free to do your own for peace of mind.

POIedit:-

https://app.box.com/s/ec5a5skwgrpqd9pyr9b7

POI Loader for Windows 32 bit:-

https://app.box.com/s/4q2r57k4nnutgpdun3nn

I hope these are of help and I have not violated any forum rules.

Cheers,

John
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John.

As an alternative, POIEDit is still available from their own website:
http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm

If it fails to work with Google maps, try the fix I outlined here (it's this forum, but possibly one of the areas where you need to be a subscriber to see)

And there were some issues with some versions of POILoader. My info may be out of date, but I posted a link to an old version that was trouble-free here along with a known-good version of "sox.exe" which is required to get the sound alerts working on some models.
johntee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Thanks John.

As an alternative, POIEDit is still available from their own website:
http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm

If it fails to work with Google maps, try the fix I outlined here (it's this forum, but possibly one of the areas where you need to be a subscriber to see)

And there were some issues with some versions of POILoader. My info may be out of date, but I posted a link to an old version that was trouble-free here along with a known-good version of "sox.exe" which is required to get the sound alerts working on some models.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your information above. Nuvi 3580 LTM-D has just been delivered and so the learning curve begins. The satnav has no owners manual or quick start guide within the box so that makes things a little harder. I have located one at Garmin though in pdf.

I will install and update my device tomorrow with maps etc. I'm not even sure what sox.exe is yet, so I'll probably need help with that one.

Many thanks

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: