Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin CSV to GPX Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning

I've got the separate Overspeed warnings working OK. The only thing is that the code isn't very elegant.

It basically does the same as now but then, at the end, moves the GPX lines in all files containing a "#" to a separate single file to attach the Overspeed.wav to.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
kweller
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen this and am setting it up to see how it works. Thanks for creating it.

May I just clarify a couple of things please?

I have to use the 'SpeedZoned' db rather than the 'consolidated by type'. I need to have a .bmp and .wav file for each of the separate speed zoned files, there's no way to say 'Use this file for all Gatso/Specs/etc cameras'. Are both of those statements correct?

Is there any way to use the default icons/sounds from the Garmin or maybe even Camera Manager?

Thanks.

Kevin
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using version 2013.02.20.2115

This summer the repeated warnings on Mobile cameras drove us up the wall so recently I set the OverSpeed setting on Mobiles to 0. Approach is set to 30.

On a trip down the A9 last week I'm afraid it didn't work. I kept getting repeated warnings when over the speed limit. Under the limit it only announced the once as expected.

I use the "UK - SpeedZoned Complete" files on an oldish Garmin nuvi 350 with the latest UK maps.

All the entries in the 70MPH Mobile gpx file, for instance, contain #70 and there are no @70 entries.

Any ideas? Thanks
City Navigator Europe NT 2018.10
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got me there !

It's certainly working OK for me and I only get a single warning for each camera if under the speed and a repeat closer to the camera if I'm still overdoing it.

My settings are:

All 3 VAR speeds set to 70.

Gatso group - 14 seconds approach, 6 seconds overspeed, except for the VAR which I have set to 14 and zero.

Mobile Group are all set to 14 and zero.

Specs Group all 14 and zero except for the VAR which is again 14 and zero.

Redlight is 14 and 6

Adjacent - removed
Unverified - Excluded

Run with these settings and see what happens. Also, make sure that you only have one set of camera files in your working folder. Even another sub folder will duplicate the cameras and produce what your seeing.

As a double check see how many cameras the app 'Total GPI Cameras' is creating on it's run and compare that with what POILoader reckons its installed to the device. If you use my settings as a test you should be seeing a total circa 17,000 cameras.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
andyj1967
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m-a-r-k wrote:
I'm using version 2013.02.20.2115

This summer the repeated warnings on Mobile cameras drove us up the wall so recently I set the OverSpeed setting on Mobiles to 0. Approach is set to 30.

On a trip down the A9 last week I'm afraid it didn't work. I kept getting repeated warnings when over the speed limit. Under the limit it only announced the once as expected.

I use the "UK - SpeedZoned Complete" files on an oldish Garmin nuvi 350 with the latest UK maps.

All the entries in the 70MPH Mobile gpx file, for instance, contain #70 and there are no @70 entries.

Any ideas? Thanks

Hi Mark, your problem is similar to what was happening to me on my Nulink 2390.

I use this program to sort my cameras, but was getting duplicate, sometimes multiple repeats of cameras.

What I found on mine was I had a POI folder on both the internal memory and on the memory card i use, I deleted one of the folders, and so far it seems to have worked (only one warning). I would maybe check if you have the same situation (if you haven't sorted it of course).
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes

1) Ensure you only have one set of cameras on the device itself.

2) Check the number of cameras match in both the converter and POILoader.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no duplicate files, no SD card.
All the mobile cameras have speeds prefixed with a # char so the gpx files look OK.
I'm at a loss but still have some experimenting to do.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange one !

Working perfectly for me.

So you only have one set of camera files in a single GPI on the unit ?
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, one gpi file made by POILoader that also contains my POIs. The speed cameras are in their own folder.
Just tested it again today. Repeated bings when doing 70 past a 60MPH mobile cam position.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, got you now.

You will get repeated 'bings' when overdoing it as this is how Garmin works regardless of @ or #.

The @ in the file pushes Garmin to make a decision whether to produce a warning or not. It seems they consider it not required if you are under the limit and not accelerating.

The # forces a warning regardless of speed. This option is mainly for comfort as not getting a warning then seeing a camera is disconcerting.

I too have had issues with mobile cameras. There is one flyover/underpass spot at what is called 'The Polish War Memorial' on the A40 in West London where for some reason the mobile camera warnings go bananas. I think that was due to a high number of close locations were cameras have been reported and verified.

I've since decided to not include mobile sites and just concentrate on the fixed cameras.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what would happen if you changed the #s for @s in the file?
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Ah, got you now.

You will get repeated 'bings' when overdoing it as this is how Garmin works regardless of @ or #.

The @ in the file pushes Garmin to make a decision whether to produce a warning or not. It seems they consider it not required if you are under the limit and not accelerating.

OK, understood - and this is the default setting, yes?

Quote:
The # forces a warning regardless of speed. This option is mainly for comfort as not getting a warning then seeing a camera is disconcerting.

OK, looking at the GPX files again, I see that you have both @ and # for when I set an OverSpeed setting and just # when I set OverSpeed to zero.
So why call that setting 'Overspeed'?

I thought that setting Overspeed to zero means that no warnings are made if you are over the speed limit for that camera. You get one bing on the approach and no further bings. I'm sure that's what you said earlier on in this thread.
Is that how it is meant to happen for non-Garmins?

Quote:
I've since decided to not include mobile sites and just concentrate on the fixed cameras.

I'm thinking the same.
I'm sorry we've been at cross purposes here. The main reason I use your program is to get rid of the repeated bings when doing 75-80 past 70MPH cameras on the M6 especially mobile cameras which 99% of the time aren't actually there! That's what I understood the OverSpeed setting was for.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all a bit of a minefield with the way the Garmin works. I see what your querying and I can't put my finger on the exact logic of it.

There is a bit more info here : http://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp

With the new separate overspeed warning I included recently you can now differentiate between an advance warning and a subsequent overspeed warning.

You should always get a single advance warning of every camera with the # symbol. If you only have # in your file and you are getting subsequent warnings then I need to do some field testing.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
m-a-r-k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
It's all a bit of a minefield with the way the Garmin works. I see what your querying and I can't put my finger on the exact logic of it.

The logic of what I'm saying or how the GPX stuff works on Garmin?

Quote:
With the new separate overspeed warning I included recently you can now differentiate between an advance warning and a subsequent overspeed warning.

And if the OverSpeed setting is zero?

Quote:
You should always get a single advance warning of every camera with the # symbol. If you only have # in your file and you are getting subsequent warnings then I need to do some field testing.

I do get an advance warning with #. But also repeated ones on the approach when travelling over the speed limit for the camera. When under the speed limit for the camera I sometimes but rarely get extra warnings.
Thanks
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta for the info.

I'll upload just the # set to mine (won't be till later this week) and see how it goes. If it works as you say then there is no point in writing out any @ lines as it seems the # set also produce continual overspeed warnings.

There are a couple of fixed cameras near me that are on the opposite side and I can use them to see what happens on mine.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 8 of 74

Jump to: