Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't find new Sat Nav with waypoint itenerary planning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't find new Sat Nav with waypoint itenerary planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popaG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Can't find new Sat Nav with waypoint itenerary planning Reply with quote

Hi
I was going to replace my tomtom one with a tomtom go live 1000. One of the main features that I use is the itinerary planning; I have done some research and am having trouble finding a mid to high end sat nav with the ability to plan a route by putting in multiple waypoints before a destination. It was so easy on my old tomtom, by pressing the itinerary icon and putting waypoints(move them up or down on the route) but the new tomtom go 1000 does not have this facility. Also you can’t put in POI’s
Any suggestions
popaG
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a refurbished Go750 Live from TomTom's online outlet shop. Some current Garmins have the function. Not sure which other brands also have it.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
popaG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Can't find new Sat Nav with waypoint itenerary planning Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply
Have always been happy with tomtom.
Go 1000 has a great review, but not the facilities I need, so it might be time for a change. Tomtom keep telling me and others they will upgrade the software, but with no timeframe and no promises, so I will leave it a month and take a look at the new Garmin 3490t.
[/b]
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Garmin 1490, any of the 14xx series will do what you want. Later nuvis have a feature called 'trip planner' rather than routes like the 14xx series, I've seen many say they're unhappy with the way trip planner works.

If you want to go for a later nuvi make sure 'trip planner' will do what you want
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't find new Sat Nav with waypoint itenerary planning Reply with quote

popaG wrote:
... the new tomtom go 1000 does not have this facility. Also you can’t put in POI’s

You cannot do full itinerary planning on the Go1000 (just 3 or 4 waypoints), but you certainly CAN add POIs now.
You couldn't at first, but they sorted that out months ago.
POI functionality on all the new models now works just like it does on any older TomTom (except for a reduced search range).

If you are looking for a model that does have itinerary planning, all the following have it and are still current models on the TT website:

XXL IQ Routes™ edition Europe
XL LIVE IQ Routes™ Europe
XL LIVE IQ Routes™ Regional
XXL Classic Western Europe

....and the
GO 750 LIVE Refurbished
GO 550 LIVE Refurbished
XL LIVE IQ Routes™ Europe Refurbished
XL IQ Routes™ edition Europe Refurbished
are also available in their "outlet store".

Just avoid any model with a small "2" after the model name.

Finally, what's wrong with your old TT? It might be easily fixable.
popaG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Can't find new Sat Nav with waypoint itenerary planning Reply with quote

Hi
There’s nothing wrong with old tomtom one. My daughter wanted one, so I intended to give her my old tomtom one and I would buy a new satnav, BUT I still can’t find one to replace mine.
I need a satnav which you can itinerary plan a route, put in say 20 or more waypoints (not stops). Be able to move waypoints up or down the route, and save the itinerary route to use in the future. On the unit itself not software from your pc, so you can edit or plan on route if needed. I have talked to tomtom , it’s like trying to get a straight answer from a politician, then I went to Garmin. One said yes then I went to Halfords, they said no, then Garmin, they said no, WHAT IS GOING ON !!!
Please can anyone tell me of a modern middle to high range satnav, which has this feature?

Thanks a lot

(Frustrated)
popaG
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
If you are looking for a model that does have itinerary planning, all the following have it and are still current models on the TT website:

XXL IQ Routes™ edition Europe
XL LIVE IQ Routes™ Europe
XL LIVE IQ Routes™ Regional
XXL Classic Western Europe

....and the
GO 750 LIVE Refurbished
GO 550 LIVE Refurbished
XL LIVE IQ Routes™ Europe Refurbished
XL IQ Routes™ edition Europe Refurbished
are also available in their "outlet store".

Just avoid any model with a small "2" after the model name.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't find new Sat Nav with waypoint itenerary planning Reply with quote

popaG wrote:
Hi
There’s nothing wrong with old tomtom one. My daughter wanted one, so I intended to give her my old tomtom one and I would buy a new satnav, BUT I still can’t find one to replace mine.
I need a satnav which you can itinerary plan a route, put in say 20 or more waypoints (not stops). Be able to move waypoints up or down the route, and save the itinerary route to use in the future. On the unit itself not software from your pc, so you can edit or plan on route if needed. I have talked to tomtom , it’s like trying to get a straight answer from a politician, then I went to Garmin. One said yes then I went to Halfords, they said no, then Garmin, they said no, WHAT IS GOING ON !!!
Please can anyone tell me of a modern middle to high range satnav, which has this feature?

Thanks a lot

(Frustrated)
popaG

Not sure why you're getting the advice you are but I have a Garmin 1490 and it will do what you want Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Andy_P wrote:
If you are looking for a model that does have itinerary planning, all the following have it ............

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: