Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 1000 or 950 Live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 1000 or 950 Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave2951
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 1000 or 950 Live Reply with quote

Hope you can help me need to replace my Sat nav urgently. I use it to tour Europe and do need to install my own POI's. Have read a number of bad reports about the 1000 but cannot find much about the 950 Live. Any advice greatly accepted. At present I have the 710. Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 950 has the Enhanced Position Technology (EPT) which uses a gyro type system to work out where you are in tunnels, not much use in the UK to be honest, it also has 4GB of built in Flash memory as it houses the European and North American mapping.

If you only want the European mapping I would look at a 750 Live from the retail outlet store (see Here ) couple that with a 4GB MicroSD card for the latest map and you won't go too far wrong its a big step from the 710 you are used to using. It doesn't have the American mapping or the EPT system but for pan European use its a great device.
As an alternate to the TomTom refurb outlet also consider a new 750 Live from Here at the same price - Mike
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did consider getting a 950, but now I have the GO 1000 I have no regrets at all, and decided it was better to get the latest model which will eventually be better supported.

The GO 1000 does most things better than my 930, with the important features having clearer and louder sound, better handsfree and bluetooth, and most important, no reboots.

I have my own POI with thousands of sites in one file, which works perfectly.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really depends on what you want I wave the 750 which as a whole is OK a little slow at times as reboots often on it's off days ,but you can upload your own poi' has traffic and you can back up your system ..oh also the bluetooth hands free works quite well...
Can't comment on the 1000 as I don't have 1 ..but judging by the bad threads here it's up to you
dave2951
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice have ordered the 750 from Amazon. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: