Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Zumo 220 Voice Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Zumo 220 Voice Alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mappyal
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Zumo 220 Voice Alerts Reply with quote

I have just bought a Zumo 220.

I have uploaded the latest speed camera db and the voice alerts. I had to use the sox.exe fix as it does not support mp3 files.

It all works fine with the voice alerts except:-

1 - Visual mapping is slow, i.e. my position on the map lags behind my actual location on the road by a few seconds - e.g. it shows me entering a roundabout when I am past it.
2 - The camera icons shown are the standard ones (circle with the speed limit in the centre) not the bmp ones in the POI file.

If I delete the custom poi, then the mapping is spot on again.

Any suggestions?

ps. The configuration on the zumo is correct (I use the voice alerts etc. on my Nuvi in the car and that has no problems at all.)

R. Alan F.
galaxy111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been considering buying a Zumo 220 so would be interested to know if you have found a solution to the problem. If not, I may just go for a Zumo 550. I'm surprised that the speed camera database has any effect of delaying the on-screen graphics.Question

I was intending to use a Bluetooth headset with the 220, but with a 550 I would also have the option of being able plug my headphones direct into the unit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: