Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom repairs: a real find
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom repairs: a real find

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeGordon
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: TomTom repairs: a real find Reply with quote

The battery of my TT930 went down recently and I have a morbid fear of TT's service centres so I hunted around for a repairer. A search revealed a company called www.satnavrepairservice.com based in Acton in London. A quick exchange told me that if I was in the area and wanted the battery swapped, it would cost me £25, the job done then and there, and warranty for 90 days.

I duly turned up, parked nearby, went into an office block of small businesses and directed to an office with two Romanian guys and a young lady. It was a true repair shop, with bits and boxes all over the place, all makes, too.

I introduced myself, and they immediately remembered the call, took my device and returned it 10 minutes later, repaired. They cautioned me, though, because they said the battery should have lasted longer and there might be a power supply problem. If it played up, I was to bring it straight back and they would fix it. Meantime, here is your 90 day warranty, receipt, thank you very much and have a nice day.

Two weeks on, all is fine. They are obviously doing third (fourth) party repairs and seem pretty competent to me. We are not related, by the way Very Happy

Mike
MrDJ
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats good to know Mike as i live about 15 mins away from acton.
my refurb 930 is only a few months old but the battery does suffer when not plugged in so its great to have an alternative path to take.
thanks for the info.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've moved then!
When we first started getting reports about them (good ones I hasten to add!) if you checked in Google Streetview, the address they gave was an ordinary terraced house, behind a VERY overgrown hedge.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They put a new battery in mine earlier this year. Super service, back in 5 days £25 plus £6 postage.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're already touting for GO1000 business, which is optimistic as I assume there is a 12 month warranty...
Kia In-dash Tomtom
anchor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Andy, they moved in the late spring of this year. Previously they worked from home.

This August I was conducting resit exams at the nearby Thames Valley University. I made arrangements with them to drop my 920 into their home in the early morning; (it needed a new battery). I collected it the next morning, paid £25, and now all is well.
boothby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: SatNav Repair Service Reply with quote

I've just had my TomTom XL IQ Routes in to the SatNav Repair Centre at Acton for a broken screen & have to agree with the other comments about their service.
Posted it off mid afternoon last Thursday. It was delivered the following morning & repaired late that afternoon. Unfortunately it was a bit too late to post that day, so it was sent back about 12.30 the following day (Saturday). It arrived this morning (Tuesday). So brilliant service by the repairers, but not very good by Royal Mail. Next day special delivery in this case meant 2 days to deliver, not 1 Rolling Eyes

Well worth using them, but don't send it off on a Thursday or Friday if you want quick turnround - Royal Mail don't work on Saturdays
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used them last summer to repair my 740 which they did whilst I waited. I definitely recommend them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: