Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPSAssist.NET Version 2 Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPSAssist.NET Version 2 Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Jo - keep up the good work on GPAssist, it's a winner! Paid my money last night!
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Checkpoint successfully with TTN3 but thought I'd give GPAssist V2 a trial. I've downloaded it but no sign of instructions. I see that someone took an hour to configure it so I guess it needs some careful setting up to get the best from it. Could someone please point me in the right direction for the manual?
Many thanks.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no manual as yet - the program is still being added to. What is released at the moment is very much a work in progress - though the released features are stable enough.

If you work your way through the various features of the program systematically, you'll most likely figure it all out, particularly if you're familiar with how CheckPOInt works.

Of course, you're always welcome to ask specific questions here in the forums.

David
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, David. I'll give it a go. Questions...? Bound to be some. Which is the best forum in which to ask them? I don't see one specifically for GPSAssist.
The_Pilgrim
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

iv ejust d/l the trial version but have no real clues as how to set it up. All i seam to have is the interface for downloading new databases.

im running XDa2 tt3 Fortuna b/t clipon

Should i have installed the MS.NET framework option during instalation?

thanks in advance

The Pilgrim
The_Pilgrim
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Just realiesed what i was doing wrong.

everything ok now :D

one little question will this upload my new camera positions to pocket gps world or do i have to send them seperatley.

regards
The Pilgrim
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that recording POI's in GPSAssist for sending to the Speed Camera database is still one of the features under development.
The_Pilgrim
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mearns
i realise the recorder is still in development. i just wondered whether it is an intention to automatically upload new Cameras. i think ive just about got it set up now (i dont know how many of my 40 start ups ive used 8O )
ive got a couple of issues with the toggle gpassist/ttn button. its worked a couple of times but then it reverts to Contacts its actually crashed a few times as well.
also there is supposed to be a toggle icon above the -/+ on the navigator screen but i cant find any.

if i can get it working ok ill register, but i need to be sure

XDA2 TTN3 gpassist 2.1.0.9 Fortuna BT clipon 256mb sandisk

The Pilgrim
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Jo can comment on proposed functionality - there have been various suggestions made in the beta group, of which Jo has accepted some, but it's not fair to comment on discussion in a closed group. Keep watching - hopefully you will be pleased with what is eventually released.

The icon you are looking for is, I believe, a sort of stylised exclamation mark that sits just above the - if you don't have Traffic installed (and pretty much on top of the - if you do!).

If your memory card mentioned is a 256MB Sandisk SD card, that isn't going to help matters - Sandisk SD cards can cause various problems (search the forums for more information).

Meanwhile, if you see an exception, try to record the details and report them to Jo.

There are a few bugs in the current release version - the evidence I have as a member of the beta group is that Jo is working fairly vigorously to squash them! If you do register, do consider joining the beta group, where you'll have a chance not only to test the as yet unreleased features, but be a part of the discussion that is shaping the future of the product.

David
devulderj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

currently the POI Recorder and Manager are still in development as David says. The beta group can already try and use a fairly complete POIRecorder and manager since Friday.

More important to know is, that there will be a two way synchronisation possible from and to Pocket GPS World. I am currently in touch with Dave to discuss about the technical details. The main point that Dave has made is that he wants to keep a human in control of what gets into the database so that it does not get cluttered with falsly recorded POIs.

I hope this answers some questions.

Thanks,
Jo.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you are - I knew of Jo's plans, but felt it unfair to disclose what had only been discussed on the beta group, feeling that it's up to Jo to decide what of that discussion can be made public.

I look forward to the synchronisation functionality - and understand Dave's viewpoint that we don't want the database cluttered with false POIs. I'm hoping something can be worked out.

I hope it's not speaking out of turn to say that the beta POI Recorder / Manager functionality is looking good, though I've yet to give the version Jo talks about much of a road test.

GPSAssist 2 is not free - though I think it's shaping up to be an incredibly good product at a very reasonable price (I was impressed enough to pay my registration fee based on a fairly early beta).

David
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the great improvements of GPSAssist2 over Checkpoint 2.0.2 seems to be in the way it deals with cameras within a few hundred yards of each other. At one particular location up in these parts, Checkpoint would pick up the unimportant first camera (on the other side of the dual carriageway) but miss the more important second one (on my side of the dual carriageway) as it seemed not to reset in time to catch it.

GPSAssist2 gets both of them with no trouble. I also like the musical .wav warnings provided.
The_Pilgrim
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Jo / David

i understand that you wish to be careful what is disclosed. No Problem. ive changed my card to an new brand "integral" i dont know idf this is any better but it was free Laughing your comments would be appreciated.

i tried gps assist for real yesterday and i had a nightmare. Everything started ok i had the toggle icon available i used it so i could turn off the speed warnings i had button 2 set to toggle back and forth but it didnt work. i exited gpsassist and tt3 and tried again both started ok. this time it wouldnt detect cameras and the toggle icon was not there and button 2 didnt work either. i did a soft reset: Please enter unlock code Crying Crying Crying

I must have used 38 starts just to set it up and test it and now i was going from Derby to Guilford and back with no camera detector!!

i DO understand that 2 is under development and my comments above are meant as feedback to assist development. From what ive seen of so far the finished product should be the market leader and i will purchase the finished product. £15 is a very good price compared to a speeding ticket.

With regards to the uploading of new cameras, i can understand Daves position regarding the control of the database. Isnt it possible that the uploaded information is not automaticaly added to the database that way Dave can review it and decide whether it should be included or not? just a thought.

Are there any members of the Beta test group that are running an XDA2?
if you require anther XDA2 beta tester let me know id be happy to help

Regards

The Pilgrim
devulderj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Pilgrim wrote:
thanks Jo / David

i understand that you wish to be careful what is disclosed. No Problem. ive changed my card to an new brand "integral" i dont know idf this is any better but it was free Laughing your comments would be appreciated.

i tried gps assist for real yesterday and i had a nightmare. Everything started ok i had the toggle icon available i used it so i could turn off the speed warnings i had button 2 set to toggle back and forth but it didnt work. i exited gpsassist and tt3 and tried again both started ok. this time it wouldnt detect cameras and the toggle icon was not there and button 2 didnt work either. i did a soft reset: Please enter unlock code Crying Crying Crying

I must have used 38 starts just to set it up and test it and now i was going from Derby to Guilford and back with no camera detector!!

i DO understand that 2 is under development and my comments above are meant as feedback to assist development. From what ive seen of so far the finished product should be the market leader and i will purchase the finished product. £15 is a very good price compared to a speeding ticket.

With regards to the uploading of new cameras, i can understand Daves position regarding the control of the database. Isnt it possible that the uploaded information is not automaticaly added to the database that way Dave can review it and decide whether it should be included or not? just a thought.

Are there any members of the Beta test group that are running an XDA2?
if you require anther XDA2 beta tester let me know id be happy to help

Regards

The Pilgrim

Hi pilgrim,

the more beta testers we have the better. Certainly XDA beta testers are welcome because XDA tends to be picky. Give me a sign at support@autoreplying.com if you want to join.

PS: GPSAssist is not only about POi Detection. There's much more in store that even US cityzens will appreciate (not having to deal with speeds cams as much as we western europeans have to). I'm working on a feature that I'm very enthousiastic about myself. Can't wait to get it finished.

Thanks,
Jo.
Paladin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way of purchasing this other than PayPal?
A very bad experience with PP and I will NOT use their services again, but the trial makes me want to purchase.

M.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: