Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom XL still showing removed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom XL still showing removed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard3127
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: TomTom XL still showing removed cameras Reply with quote

I am new to these forum things, so apologise if I am the wrong place. Embarassed
I update my TomTom XL weekly from Pocket GPS World (where else is there for such a superb service) but have noticed that cameras that have been removed, but physically and on the maps, are still being shown when I drive along certain roads.
What am I doing wrong please Question
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got any pgpsw OV2 files with TEMP in the name? If so, can you delete them.

Alternatively delete all the pgpsw OV2 files and redownload the database and install.

Also might help if you give examples of these phantom cameras....
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us an example or check on the submission map. If they are not on the map or marked as removed yet appear on your device still then you are doing something wrong.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most likely two reasons for this are:
1. As Paul says, you have got one or more old "Temp" files left on your system. These used to be a separate category but have now been merged into the other camera files. If you just overwrite the previous version of the database with a new one, these can end up left behind.

2. you have at some time in the past used a different version of the database (the three vesions being single file, consiliated by type, and speed-zoned) As these have different file names, if you switch from one version to another, and don't delete the files, the new ones will not overwrite the old ones.

Again, as Paul says, the easiest way to fix both possible problems is to delete EVERY .ov2 file with PocketGPSWorld in the filename and then download the latest database again (whichever version you prefer).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: