Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A solution for TTS pronunciation for Go models (Loquendo)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A solution for TTS pronunciation for Go models (Loquendo)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, just one other thought. I run my navcore from my sd card, but it uses the Loquendo files from the internal drive - just so you know, in case that stumps anyone!
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been away for w/e so missed all this. Sad Looking forward to testing.

Brilliant work!!! Esp. turning on the log file! Didn't even think of that ... Embarassed

As for the zero, see the 'oh' in my file (back up a few posts) instead of the zero. This I found from a follow on post to the original American thread where they discovered the 0 (zero) problem, and that o (the letter) became ouest (French Canadian for west) so they went with the phonetic 'oh' which worked.
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'd seen the oh posts before but didn't realise it actually fixed anything Smile

I've set it to say zero at the moment
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARViN2003

Problems!
Put the files in the data directory
Left the yard this morning, first instruction turn Left onto the A228(said correctly)comma Cuxton Road.
Also had turn left onto M27 dot

theripper
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, ok. That's the SMS text pronunciation. I would suggest clearing out defaultEnglishGb.lex file
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've cleared out the defaultEnglishGb.lex file and updated the .zip file.

http://www.darklight.info/downloads/Loq7fix.zip

I didn't have any punctuation pronouncement problems (that's a tongue twister) but I guess it must depend on the way the maps have the road names stored. This should fix it for everyone, and you can still add stuff to the default file if you need to correct individual word sounds. I'll try and find some documentation on writing the phonetics in the loquendo files...
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updated files.

I believe the map road names are stored strictly using only the abbreviations already listed in .lex file without punctuation, and in American postal format hence the br=branch. But punctuation is present in the routing instructions, so they can be used in text form as well (eg. Google Maps). So I suspect the punctuation pronunciation variation depends on something like Read Aloud SMS Text enabled or disabled on the TT causing the file to be active - but not totally sure as the phone stuff is all TT's invention not part of the digital mapping system per se.

( I'm surprised if you encountered a br which should have been bridge, ie brg. The map must have been edited by English staff. )

Thanks again for your sterlingly work on this. TT should reward you in return for including in product, but I'm sure they won't ... do either Laughing
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MARViN2003
What do you mean by ‘clearing out the defaultEnglishGb.lex file’ Do you mean delete the file or the file’s contents?
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cleared out the definitions for the SMS stuff from in there, so it was just a few lines with headers, but no actual definitions left.
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MARViN2003
Thanks. I will give it a try.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got time to load up this change, and I have the extra punctuation pronunciation problem as well! Sad Good news is that I've fixed it! Very Happy And improved the number pronunciation quite considerably.

Still testing, means lots of trial demo routes across the country, but all being well I'll post new code on my website today. Along with the list of improvements.

But to give some feedback in the interim, the comma problem was because of the change to accommodate 4 digit road numbers (USA has only 3 or less to cover all its roads - in the same way as they only need 10 digit phone numbers to cover every phone!) As coded the change allowed a 3 digit number through and included the punctuation as the 4 digit. But I've corrected that I believe, and also allowed for 3 digit M roads. Plus a number of other UK special cases eg. B4004.

But I also found another problem, present I think in the original code which we got from the US site link, which did not handle textual road names that followed the numbers correctly, they could either be missed or spelt out letter by letter when used in UK.

1 question for anyone reading this this morning: How would you say A420? I've been in US so long I'm not sure which is more common in UK:

A Four Two Oh
or
A Four Twenty?

I'm leaning towards the latter (but will set B4420 to be 4 separate numbers). But either is better than TT's: A Four Hundred and Twenty Laughing
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good.

Please post a link when you have posted your data...

I would probably say A four-two-zero.
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. Had been hoping to be done by now, but ...

So much testing, I've had to stop and recharge the 720 twice!

I have 4444, 444, 44, 4, 4000, 400, 40 all tested. Last 6 said as forty-four, four, 4-thousand, 4-hundred and forty.

Tested 4044 as 4-oh-4-4, so expect 4404 and 4440 to go well once I find a good test route.

And A444(M) works.

Still have to test 440 said as 4-forty (for me at least ;-) - it works as 4-4-0 already - and 4004 and 4400.

But having real problems with 4040 ... Dunno why - that's the problem :-O

Plan to offer both versions of 420, plus 0 = oh and 0 = zero. Ie. 4 versions.

[Oddity I found, which I don't think is anything to do with my mods, is that A329(M) displays as A329 M) at top of screen as you approach it. That's just on display, it is pronounced A-3-2-9-M as you would want, Don't know what happened to the opening ( . ]
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now understand that \s operates (to say U - S instead of us) until the next space.

But what does \Nx used in the following excerpted from the [URL="http://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-voices/18323-number-enunciation.html"]number-enunciation[/URL] thread as in
Code:
"(^|[ \t]+)US[ \-]*([0-9])0([0-9])([^0-9])" = "\1 \s US \Nx \2 oh \Nx \3 \4"
actually do? And why are there 2 of them, and the first one placed 1 command early?

Any insight gratefully received. TIA!
layingback
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm still unsure what \Nx does. I've taken it out and there seems to be no noticeable difference, at least not within the normal variation of using TTS on a TT. It may adjust the timings, but no more than they vary on each occurrence due to limited processor cycles!

But I have been struggling with a bit of a problem:

I prevented the earlier pronunciation of the punctuation (caused by using \s) by passing through the space which is already present between the road number and the next word, such as the road name. But there are a few cases where the road number appears to be A-27{...}; where {...} is some unspoken non-character(s) but not a space. In which case there is no space to cancel the \s mode, so it is is still in effect when the semi-colon is encountered and thus gets pronounced.

Obvious fix is to insert a space after M|A|B, but TT's replace code is non-standard, and I can find no way to insert a space character. (Things like "\1 \2" should be "\1\2", so I'm guessing that they replace ALL spaces in preprocessing!)

But I've just found a new reg exp which successfully removes the ; from nameless roads!!! Very Happy

So I now am down to what is probably 1 problem: A4044 is recognised and handled correctly, but A4404 is not, and A4004 is sometimes!?!

To debug the ; problem I had to write a TT reg exp parser as I thought I must be matching on greater than 1 rule. I wasn't. But I've uploaded it to my website so if you want to see where I'm at you are welcome to register and take a look. layingback.net under Community. You will need to register as I want to keep the search engines off it for now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: