Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aldi repeating offer?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aldi repeating offer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lismore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Aldi repeating offer? Reply with quote

I have just had an email stating that Aldi are selling another Medion PDA unit at £269.99, it is unclear which model it is from the details. I have just purchased a PDA from Tchibo at £399.99 and am concerned that it is the same unit that Aldi are offering with a £130 saving!

Can anyone put my mind at ease or should I return to Tchibo and then buy Aldi's model?
walpurgis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think it is the same package as Tchibo and Halfords are selling for £399. In Germany, Tchibo sold it for €399 - the equivalent of £268. I sent them an email asking them to explain why UK customers were having to pay almost 50% more than those in Germany. I haven't had a reply.

There are a few more details of the Aldi package on their web site.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

Aldi's current flyer shows a picture of the components which look very similar to those in the Tchibo package.

I hope Tchibo will take your package back. For those of us thinking of getting the Aldi version, what are you experiences with the Tchibo package?
clansfolk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just purchsed (14th May 2004) the Aldi Medion GPS package - which so far I'm very pleased with:-

REF: MD 41800

consisting of: PPC 266 Mhz
TFT 65,536 colours
Weight 124g
SD/MMC slot
Dimensions 11.4x7.1x1.3 cm

320 MB (64 onboard plus 256MB mmc card (pre-installed software)

36 months man warranty
UK & ireland pre-installed

Includes DaVideo Software
Leather case
GPS reciever
Y adapter for car power
PDA in car holder
PDA Cradle and Power supply (Pluse adapter for charging without cradle)
Games software

I believe some packages from other stores and at higher prices include a second 256MBmmc card also the package is (or going to be) released with a PDA with a faster processor (400mhz?)

Have also purchased the POI interface and downloaded and installed the Police "Safty Camera" data bank which also works well _ at least it shouted at "the wife" and told here to slow down...

hope the above helps

Pete

PS as a matter of interest our local Aldi had sold out on the day the offer started by 9.30am the manager rang around and managed to find me one some 10 miles away - we quickly installed the unit in the car park of the Aldi where we had bought it and it then brought us home (we even tried to deviate from the route and we were both surprised how quickly it picked up on the change of directions and re-routed us).
Abb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Medion PPC Speedcameras Reply with quote

Pete, I purchased the same unit as you. Pleased with it only problem is I cannot record new speed cameras using designated key on POI programme. How have you got on with this ?
I have posted question in beginners forum if you care to reply.
Regards.......Abb

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: