Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Amigo Ultra Skin 1.0.14
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Amigo Ultra Skin 1.0.14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
slide2unlock wrote:

You need french translator, not russian Wink
Original topic is here http://www.mioskins.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17294

Ok, I'll have a look at it.

linknet

I'm afraid that there's no way of creating a skin for this without having an iPhone to test it on, and I wouldn't dream of paying Apples ridiculously inflated prices to own one, so it's a non-starter.

linknet
masteryodha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: problem with speed limit. Reply with quote

Hi, I installed the ultra skin last week and today, I found out that the speed limit in not correct.

I'll try to explain it clearly Razz

On the highway, it says that the speed limit is 161 Shocked . I wish it would be that, but it's really 100 Km. It seems that the gps thinks that the spped limit is 100Mph and tries to converts it in Km... which is 161.

My settings are in Km by the way.

So the GPS says that I'm going at 100Km and that the speed limit is 161. If I sets my settings in Mph, the gps than change to say that my current speed is 66 and the limit is 100 (Mph).

I read some thread in the forum and didn't find anything. Maybe I missed something in the sys.txt file. Or maybe it's not even a problem with the skin but with the map itself.

Could someone please help me out.

I'm using the latest Amigo version with the 2009 maps.

Thanks
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with speed limit. Reply with quote

masteryodha wrote:
Hi, I installed the ultra skin last week and today, I found out that the speed limit in not correct.

I'll try to explain it clearly Razz

On the highway, it says that the speed limit is 161 Shocked . I wish it would be that, but it's really 100 Km. It seems that the gps thinks that the spped limit is 100Mph and tries to converts it in Km... which is 161.

My settings are in Km by the way.

So the GPS says that I'm going at 100Km and that the speed limit is 161. If I sets my settings in Mph, the gps than change to say that my current speed is 66 and the limit is 100 (Mph).

I read some thread in the forum and didn't find anything. Maybe I missed something in the sys.txt file. Or maybe it's not even a problem with the skin but with the map itself.

Could someone please help me out.

I'm using the latest Amigo version with the 2009 maps.

Thanks

The latest version that I have tested it with is iGO Amigo Version 8.4.2.85182 dated April 8th 2009 so if you are using a later version than that then you might get unexpected results.

Which actual country map are you using ? The speed limits are obtained from the map and have nothing to do with the GPS.

Regards

linknet
masteryodha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with speed limit. Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm actually using AMIGO 8.4.2.95590 (Jun 23 2009) with Canada 2009.02 (TeleAtlas 090410) map.

I'll try to get the April 8th version to try it on. I will test it tomorrow.

Thank you
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: problem with speed limit. Reply with quote

masteryodha wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm actually using AMIGO 8.4.2.95590 (Jun 23 2009) with Canada 2009.02 (TeleAtlas 090410) map.

I'll try to get the April 8th version to try it on. I will test it tomorrow.

Thank you

I've tested with that map for Canada and it appears to be a problem with the iGO Amigo software not recognising that the speed limits in Canada are already in km/h and then performing an unneccessary conversion by mutiplying by 1.61 Rolling Eyes

It seems that iGO8 also has this problem:

https://airis.naviextras.com/shop/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1853

Try posting in the above forum for Amigo and see if you get any response from Nav'n'Go.

Regards

linknet

Last edited by linknet on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
masteryodha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: thank you. Reply with quote

thanks. I'll post and get back if anything comes up.

thank you again for the quick answer
masteryodha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: it's fixed.... Reply with quote

It's supposedly fixed with a firmware update of the device. But since I run it on my mio C520, I cannot update the firmware for this.

My only possibility is to get the speed limit to warn me at 70% of the actual speed limit. It will be close enough to what it should really is.

thanks anyway for your help.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: it's fixed.... Reply with quote

masteryodha wrote:
It's supposedly fixed with a firmware update of the device. But since I run it on my mio C520, I cannot update the firmware for this.

My only possibility is to get the speed limit to warn me at 70% of the actual speed limit. It will be close enough to what it should really is.

thanks anyway for your help.

Updating the firmware won't fix it, it's a bug in the Amigo executable file. It happens on my HP iPAQ 214 so it's not just your device.

Warning at 70% of the indicated speed limit is a good idea and will actually warn you when you are 12.7% over the true speed limit. It would probably be best to hide the onscreen speed limit as well, just leaving the actual speed indication on screen.

Regards

linknet
mayerm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Amigo Ultra Skin 1.0.13 Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
iGO Amigo Ultra Skin 1.0.13

The Amigo Ultra Skin adds essential extra functions to iGO Amigo to improve route planning and navigation whilst still retaining the original simple and easy to use interface.

Website ► iGO Amigo Ultra Skin

Fully compatible with the following versions:

iGO Amigo Version 8.4.2.81333 dated March 12th 2009
iGO Amigo Version 8.4.2.85182 dated April 8th 2009

linknet

I have Navigon N560 with IGO Amigo 8.4.2.95590 , when i istalled Amigo Ultra Skin v.1.0.13, TMC icon to take away.
primitive_man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Coordinate Search? Reply with quote

Is it possible to add a Coordinate Search to the skin?
I believe that the DJ Amigo skin has this but I've a big preference for your work.

I'm using your latest version at the moment... which is a vast improvement on my original one.

Additionally... a GPS signal status page and compass would be nice ;)

Have a nice day!

-----------------------------
Sorry... just noticed you'd already answered this.
igal27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Keyboard selection Reply with quote

thanks for your amigo skin linknet, it really is a great improvement over the standard skin, while keeping amigo "simple". i used to use mainly igo8.3 until amigo came out, and at first thought i wouldn't switch because amigo didn't have enough features, but in the end i realized i didn't really need most of the extra features in igo8 that weren't available in amigo... at first there were a few that i really missed though, which kept me on igo8 for a while, until your skin came out and covered just about everything that i found missing, so now i'm mainly using amigo with your skin. i do still miss the compass, but can live without it (i read your previous post about this and understand your reasoning). there is one other thing i really miss from igo8 though: the possibility to switch between keyboards when you're in keyboard input mode. igo8 has a button that allows you to toggle between the available keyboards, so if you need characters from another keyboard while you're typing, it's a simple matter of pressing a button to toggle to the respective keyboard. in amigo, you have to exit from wherever you are, get back to the main screen, go into more - settings - regional - keyboard, change the keyboard, and then make your way back to where you were in the first place... this happens to me a lot, as i'm using the israel map but modified the language file so that it would show me the menus etc in english, but the street names on the map in hebrew - and i sometimes need to enter addresses in english and sometimes in hebrew...

in any case, if this is not too complicated to do, it would definitely be much appreciated. if not, that's of course understandable and i'll continue using amigo with your skin despite this drawback (at least for me it's a drawback; i realize it is probably irrelevant to many...)

thanks, and keep up the good work Smile
Jards88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linknet,

I am using the latest version of your skin on a device with 480x272 resolution. It all appears to work ok except that when I go to Settings/Regional/Voice Language, I can change the voice ok but there is no back button to get back out unlike the standard skin. So once you are in there the only way out is a reset.

Cheers, Ian
DeepBlue22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey linknet,

I do miss an "Advanced Road Blocking Facility". When do you expect to implement that feature? Or perhaps "Simple Road Blocking"... Very Happy

Greetz
DeepBlue22

Back 2 the 90s!
Jimbo09
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: hello... Reply with quote

Linknet,
for iPhone does it work....your amigo skin?

i instaled on my iphone and it says user interface resolution [320x460] is not supported!

Thank's!
Fedcup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: hello... Reply with quote

Jimbo09 wrote:
Linknet,
for iPhone does it work....your amigo skin?

i instaled on my iphone and it says user interface resolution [320x460] is not supported!

Thank's!

Hi Linknet.

Is it possible to convert it to a resolution of 320*460?
Or is that not possible?

Thx

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: