Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Traffic on Go 530 using Tytn II ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Traffic on Go 530 using Tytn II ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBLogic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: TomTom Traffic on Go 530 using Tytn II ? Reply with quote

Just bought a 530 as an upgrade to my old Mio 168 and so far have managed to upgrade it to the latest application (8.351), map and PGPS speed camera with only slight problems (all solved thanks to postings on the forum Smile )

I have succesfuly connected my phone (O2 branded Tytn II) to the 530 for both voice and data. I've tested this using the weather service and also the qgps update. Am I safe in assuming that GRPS Traffic will now work if I take out a subscription ?

The reason I ask is that the Tytn II doesn't show as being compatible with TT Services but other posts seem to suggest it might wok but need the WM6 DUN. I would add that I'm running WM6.1 and haven't installed the DUN cab but the data connection seems to be working.

thanks for any help.
DBLogic
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Weather service is working OK then the other GPRS based services will function fine, seems strange your Tytn has the Dun profile working though, or have you added a cooked ROM to the device as that might have contained the necessary code for this to work - Welcome to the forum by the way - Mike
DBLogic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No standard O2 ROM.

Just after posting though I found it wouldn't make a data connection. tried the original version (8.014) on a SD card and it connected fine. Rebooting on the internal disk then worked!

Just rebooted both phone and 530 and noticed though that data failed initially from the 530 but worked after I'd triggered a data connection on the phone by getting my emails. I suspect that I do need the DUN intsalling so that the 530 can trigger a conection if one isn't on although I'm not sure if the internet connection sharing feature might not also do the same thing if enabled. More testing needed I think Confused

The good news is though that I should be OK to take out a traffic subscription Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the DUN CAB file? if not I can e-mail it over if you want? - Mike
DBLogic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike but I've got a copy from a link on another post.

I've checked the actual files and registry entries that the DUN CAB installs and only one of the files (bthatci.dll) is on there and only reg entries for this can be found so I'm pretty certain t hasn't been installed.

I've just tried restarting both devices (using the pin in hole method) and TT Weather and Screen colour Downloads both worked first time. It took a few seconds (20 maybe) for the first "Connecting to server" to work but after that it seemed quite fast.

Guess the next step is to put my hand in my pocket and take out the subscription for Traffic.

Many thanks for your help.
DBLogic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Just subscribed to Traffic and all working perfectly. Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBLogic wrote:
Just subscribed to Traffic and all working perfectly

A "Resolute" solution then, and for under £50 - Mike,
DBLogic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good Mike Very Happy

(if memory serves me correctly it's actually Sir Edward Elgar but better known as Hercules when I first saw it in the 70's Smile )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: