Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - DNX 7260 BT & Speed camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

DNX 7260 BT & Speed camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g0kmt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: DNX 7260 BT & Speed camera database Reply with quote

OK, after trying the CD method and failing, I remembered there is an SD card in the head unit. Yeah Yeah I know - read the instructions.

Well the instructions are a little light on information wrt custom POIs.

First, my head unit never asks me to save the POIs. It does use the POIs on the SD card, but only if the SD card remains in the unit.

All I did was copy the POI file onto the empty SD Card in a folder called garmin.

I also copied the voice files (MP3) into the same folder as the BMPs and csv files.

I didnt get any voice warnings, for the gatso I drove past!

Have I done something wrong?

Ian
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: DNX 7260 BT & Speed camera database Reply with quote

g0kmt wrote:
All I did was copy the POI file onto the empty SD Card in a folder called garmin.

Did you use POILoader to install the files onto the card?
fireisland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Do I need to leave the SD card in all the time? Reply with quote

I've followed the instructions. Used POI loader and added voices succesfully. When I put the SD card in the unit I get NO request to copy files BUT the menu icon for proximity alerts is there under settings. I remove the SD card and it disappears. Reinsert the card and it reappears. You get the idea.
Notifications seem to be working OK but only with the card in.
Am I doing something silly? Does the card need to be present ALL the time?
The PDF on the Kenwood website says download the consolidated database BUT because I want a custom voice I downloaded speed zones. Could this be the reason?
It isn't a big problem BUT i'd rather not leave the SD card in there all the time.
Thanks
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it only works when you leave the sd card inserted then i guess that's your only choice.

sounds like the option to import from sd card has been removed in your version...

you could always hunt around ebay for a tiny sd card (256mb might set you back 10p) which would be more than enough for the POIs and voices and wouldn't matter being left in the car?

MaFt
fireisland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: SD Card Reply with quote

Suppose that is the only option. I did wonder if it was to do with speedzone rather than consolidated database but I guess not.
Will find a super cheap SD card from somewhere!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: