Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Roll back to earlier Navcore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll back to earlier Navcore
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrotter wrote:
Andy,

I assume you have installed navcore 8.204 (if not you should - your troubles will be over) and this is a quest for better TT 'official' operating software?

How do you revert to an earlier Navcore version please?
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not an earlier Navcore, rather it's a Navcore designed for the x40 range. To that end it's not officially prescribed by TomTom and therefore likely unsupported. For those reasons the really informed on this forum are rightly reluctant to promote using it.

Nevertheless, it works great and as long as you make a full explorer back up FIRST, you should not have any problems - unless you are an avid user of GPRS Traffic which seems unsupported. I myself use TMC and that works fine as does everything else - if not better.

Some kind soul may post a link to the earlier thread wherein you will find the download link, if not, a topic search should get you there too.
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks I shall give it a search
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split this from the stammering voices thread as it wasn't really in the right place and I think it deserves its own place with an answer. This issue will affect quite a few others who have been trying other Navcore releases on their device in an attempt to fix it!

This will take your device back to Navcore 8,010 - if you want/ need the 8,300 or 8,301 on your nav unit please perform the following then use TT Hime to update the software on the unit.

The Navcore 8,010 software is still available from the servers at TomTom:

For Go x20 devices click Here

For Go x30 devices click Here

As always backup the unit BEFORE trying any update/ roll back just in case it goes wrong, to use this software your maps must be version 810 or earlier, if you try running Navcore 8,010 with a version 815 map installed when the device boots up you will get the "No Maps Found" message on the screen.

To install this to your device I use WinRar which you can download from Here Switch the TomTom on and connect it to your PC, if TomTom Home starts up exit the application as Home isn't needed for this.

Double click the file :

navcore_8.010.9369.gox20 for Gox20
navcore_8.010.9369.gox30 for Gox30

Depending upon which one you downloaded and winrar will fire up, use the mouse to select all files and folders then click "Extract To"

Locate the drive letter associated with your TomTom and click it, make sure the Overwrite mode is selected to "Ask before overwrite", then press "OK"

When the dialogue box pops up saying "Confirm File Replace" click the "Yes To All" button.

Sit back and watch the progress bar, with a good USB2 connection a Navcore 8,010 installation will take around 2 minutes.

When its finished the update use the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the Task Tray and remove the lead from the device.

Let the device boot up and tap the sat strength meter (lower left) followed by the version box, the resultant screen will confirm the version installed is Navcore 8,010 and when you go the Change Preferences/ Speaker Preferences you will have the FM Tx option back - Mike
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helpful as ever Mike. Very many thanks
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Looking at Rowan29a's signature he's running the v815 map, so rolling back to earlier versions will disable his map.

That's why, apart from curing the stuttering etc I was suggesting the 8.204 which you have not linked him to with the above.
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thetrotter
You are quite right. Rowan29amust go forward, not back or the map wont work
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rowan29a
When ever I have downloaded any navcore I have always saved it into a Directory specifically for that purpose. I have no doubt that the ones I do have saved will never be needed, but one never knows. They may come in handy sometime.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are quite correct to point this out, it is also why the second paragraph in the earlier post suggests using the posted method to install 8,010 then use TT Home (or Hime as my typo Embarassed ) to update to a newer version that will work with 815 mapping.

At the end of the day the main step in following the instructions to install the 8,320 Navcore is step ONE - create a backup, the re-installation of the backup will resolve any such issues - Mike
ferret79
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rowan29a"]
thetrotter wrote:
Andy,

I assume you have installed navcore 8.204 (if not you should - your troubles will be over) and this is a quest for better TT 'official' operating software?

TomTom 940 Live
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Navcore rollback Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all your advice and comments. I followed Mike's procedures OK and was aware that the map would not work although it was sitting in the maps folder on the device. Fired up Home again though the update did not offer anything then, lo and behold, Navcore 8.301 just appeared on my device. Then the map worked again. At least now I am able to use Home to operate the device so it looks as if TomTom fixed that particular glitch on the quiet.

Strangely, Home now tells me that I do not have a voice on my device: taking it out of the cradle (after the usual procedure) all the voice commands using the voice of my choosing (computer Simon) are there and work. At that moment I ran out of fizz.

All we are waiting for now is the new map................................. Rolling Eyes
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home won't see the version 7 TTS voice files you have installed but they will work fine on the device, I would ignore what Home thinks is missing - Mike
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Missing Voice Files in Home Reply with quote

Many thanks Mike. I usually try to avoid Home if at all possible!
Crossbovv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Navcore for Go940 live? Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

The Navcore 8,010 software is still available from the servers at TomTom:

For Go x20 devices click Here

For Go x30 devices click Here

As always backup the unit BEFORE trying any update/ roll back just in case it goes wrong, to use this software your maps must be version 810 or earlier, if you try running Navcore 8,010 with a version 815 map installed when the device boots up you will get the "No Maps Found" message on the screen.

- Mike

Arrow Hello Mike, is there also a navcore for goX40 on the tomtom servers? Question

Regard, Crossbow
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few versions of Navcore for the x40 devices on the server, they can be obtained by connecting the device to Home and letting it download/ install the software to your device.

This,and a couple of other posts have contained direct links to downloads that are not usually available when using TomTom Home and were in direct response to specific issues with the x20/ x30 range - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: