Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nissan Qashqai Navigation system
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nissan Qashqai Navigation system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattgroves
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Nissan Qashqai Navigation system Reply with quote

I have just ordered a new company car, gone for Nissan Qashqai+2 (Tekna with SatNav).
Having played with the SatNav it's actually quite good, much better than I was expecting (hence going for that option), but the salesman didn't know about adding my own POI's (etc). I am subscribed to the PocketGPS Speed Camera DB and want to have this database on the built in Nav system.

Does anyone know:

A - is this possible? (and if so, how?)
B - who makes the built in Nav in the Qashqai?

TIA!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost certainly no I'm afraid. Some systems can be 'tweaked' to add custom POIs but for those that can, all it achieves is an on-screen icon, alerts are not possible.

If you check our compatibility page here you will see reference to Pimp-My-Nav. this is the third part app that can create a custom map DVD incorporating our POIs for those systems that support it.

If however, it turns out that your system does support custom POIs then let us know and we can add it as supported and perhaps compile an installation guide.
suzukiscottie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Almost certainly no I'm afraid. Some systems can be 'tweaked' to add custom POIs but for those that can, all it achieves is an on-screen icon, alerts are not possible.

If you check our compatibility page here you will see reference to Pimp-My-Nav. this is the third part app that can create a custom map DVD incorporating our POIs for those systems that support it.

If however, it turns out that your system does support custom POIs then let us know and we can add it as supported and perhaps compile an installation guide.

See my reply http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=76281 regarding adding your own POI's to the Nissan Connect system.[/url]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: