Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - VDODAYTON PN6000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

VDODAYTON PN6000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kath001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: VDODAYTON PN6000 Reply with quote

Help, I have just purchased the above, maybe not one of my better ideas, but too late now. Will there be any decent speed camera software available for this model. It is supposed to be in there but its not brilliant.

thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you help us to help you?
Is there any mention of "custom POIs" or "user POI" capability in the manual? Or is there a link to an on-line manual we can look at?

all I can find on their website is
Quote:
Detailed instructions for use (IFU) are stored as PDF files on the PC Map Tool DVD. You can find them in the "Manuals" folder.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kath, don't panic. Whilst we believe our database is the best there is we know it doesn't work on every device out there. I don't have much knowledge of the VDO Dayton series but if it turns out not to be supported and you haven't actually downloaded the database then we can issue you a refund.

If we cannot help you here and your device doesn't support custom POIs then send an email to subscriptionsATpocketgpsworld.com with your payment details and we can refund your payment.
kath001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to www.vdodayton.com then go the their download section, select in first field Naviation and in the second Portable Navigation, there will then appear all the various sat nav models. If you click the PN6000 there is the downloads including the manual (for what it is) this may answer the question as to whether it has programmable POIs. If you could look at this and explain it to be that would be great.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only POIs mentioned in the manual 3.35 MB PDF are the built in ones. No mention of the ability to add to them i'm afraid.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see any reference to the facility to upload custom POIs. I never cease to be amazed that units can be developed without this basic functionality. TV tuner, yes, custom POIs no, amazing Crying or Very sad
kath001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for looking, I bought it on a whim when I loss my TOMTOM. I have will have to save up for a TOMTOM 540 later in the year.
thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with the device and VDO were selling SatNav a long time before TomTom, it's just surprising that they can sell a device that lacks what I feel is basic functionality.

Don't forget to email us if you want the subscription fee refunding but do keep us in your bookmarks!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On page 74 in the manual there is reference to speed check and redlight control check. 'Alert points displayed on map'

It seems to suggest that some sort of info can be used on the unit.

I see that on the bottom of the unit is mini usb port.

Just as a matter of interest when you connect the unit to a pc via a usb lead can you see it as a drive letter on your pc.

If so using Explorer what folders does it have. Any mention of say poi-warner etc.

A screen-shot of the directory may be useful if possible.
kath001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: VDODAYTON PN6000 Reply with quote

I seem to be getting nowhere fast with this unit. I tried to connect it to my laptop but its asked for device drivers - none with unit, I have looked for a contact number all night but not really any luck. I have just contacted what looks like a service centre so I will see what response I get.. Must say these are not the easiest of suppliers to contact. I will let you know when and if I hear anything.
martroy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just purchased one of these units and it does have a redlight and speed camera database already in it..to activate it, go into main menu/settings/map display/poi icons(page3 of 3) then click on red light control,speed and red light control,speed control then click on ok. Go back to settings then click on alert points(page2 of 3) and enable visual and audible notification. Where there are speed cameras on the map you should now see a yellow/red diamond with an exclamation in it and on driving past you loose the map for a few seconds and get a warning screen. Hope this helps.
I'm still in the early discovery stages of ownership so I'll post more information when I can.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: