Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ciberyan wrote:
I am really bored by the guidance voice. Usually having a look on the screen is enough, I dont want to have a meter by meter guidance !
Is it possible to have a button to disable the voice WHILE keeping the radar and overspeed alert ?
Or another option I investigate, but with no success is a SILENT Voice ...

If you disable the guidance voice then this also disables the radar and overspeed alerts so this wouldn't work.

A silent voice is fairly easy, just delete all the "ogg" files in a voice file you want to use as silent leaving just the overspeed warning "ogg" file.

linknet
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: igo 8 Silent Voice Reply with quote

Thank you for all your efforts on the most recent Ultra Skin, Linknet. Regarding the Silent Voice for igo 8, having deleted all the unwanted .ogg files (apart from the over speed warning ogg file), when you try and select the modified voice file, it is not there to select in the list of voices. Have you any idea what the problem is?
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: igo 8 Silent Voice Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
Thank you for all your efforts on the most recent Ultra Skin, Linknet. Regarding the Silent Voice for igo 8, having deleted all the unwanted .ogg files (apart from the over speed warning ogg file), when you try and select the modified voice file, it is not there to select in the list of voices. Have you any idea what the problem is?

Which language silent voice file do you require ?

linknet
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's a serious question. . . English please!
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
If that's a serious question. . . English please!

Yes, that's a serious question, otherwise how would I know which country you were posting from. Wink

linknet

Last edited by linknet on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the download but sorry, use it as a template for which female voice? Would it be at all possible for me to download a zip file for the English silent voice, drop it into the igo voice folder, and select it by its name (e.g. "English Silent Voice") in the regional settings in igo?
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
Thank you for the download but sorry, use it as a template for which female voice? Would it be at all possible for me to download a zip file for the English silent voice, drop it into the igo voice folder, and select it by its name (e.g. "English Silent Voice") in the regional settings in igo?

That's what I have already sent you, a male silent voice, just drop it in the voice folder and select it.
If you also want a female silent voice then use the male voice above as an example when creating it, unless you want all the overspeed warnings with only a male voice.

linknet
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the dowmload Linknet. The James silent voice works perfectly, but the voice for the speed cameras that I want is English (UK) Kate! I have carefully used your file as a template but try as I might I cannot create a Kate silent voice! Is there any chance of uploading a file for me, it would be greatly appreciated!!
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
Many thanks for the dowmload Linknet. The James silent voice works perfectly, but the voice for the speed cameras that I want is English (UK) Kate! I have carefully used your file as a template but try as I might I cannot create a Kate silent voice! Is there any chance of uploading a file for me, it would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm sorry but I don't have a file already on hand to upload, I would actually have to create it.

There are over 60 different voice files and I don't want to become involved in creating or supplying these, I expect people to create their own if required.

Regards

linknet
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to create my own but without clear instructions it's not not that easy. I tried simply deleting all the .ogg files apart from the two you mentioned, as per your previous post, and that certainly dosn't work.
ciberyan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see there is lot of interest for silent voice
Sorry for not answering, was away from a pc
My language is french with female usually so It would be great if you can also send me a file I can use as a guide. deleting all the ogg doesnt work for me last time
Thanks in advance
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawks wrote:
I have tried to create my own but without clear instructions it's not not that easy. I tried simply deleting all the .ogg files apart from the two you mentioned, as per your previous post, and that certainly dosn't work.

It certainly does work, it gives you a replacement silent voice file.

linknet
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If deleting the .ogg files does not produce silence, (how can your device possibly use vioce files that don't exist?) then you MUST have another copy lurking somewhere. Have you got the Language folder and the language files both on your device internal memory AND on an SD card? This MIGHT cause the problem, but I havn't tried it.
@ Dawks
The Kate voice is for directions. The Speedcam voice is in a completely different place and is skin dependent. In the Dimka skins ( which uses the original Ultra sounds), the SC voices is in the skin audio folder NOT the IGO8/lang folder.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ciberyan wrote:
I see there is lot of interest for silent voice
Sorry for not answering, was away from a pc
My language is french with female usually so It would be great if you can also send me a file I can use as a guide. deleting all the ogg doesnt work for me last time
Thanks in advance

Deleting all the ogg files gives you a replacement silent voice file under the original voice name which will work perfectly.

Now if you require the silent voice as an additional selectable voice then you will need to rename it:

1. Rename your chosen voice zip file so that it won't overwrite the existing file.

2. Delete all the ogg files in the audio folder except have_a_nice_trip_drive_carefully.ogg and over_speed_limit.ogg.

3. Now edit the info.ini file to rename the voice. Change the voicekey and languagename fields to whatever you prefer (just adding "Silent" to the end of the name works fine).

This will give you a selectable silent voice file without spoken directions but still with the speedcam/radar warning beeps and the spoken overspeed warning.

Regards

linknet
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
If deleting the .ogg files does not produce silence, (how can your device possibly use vioce files that don't exist?) then you MUST have another copy lurking somewhere.

By only renaming the voice zip, probably without renaming the voice itself, they have effectively made another copy. Wink

Regards

linknet

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 20 of 35

Jump to: