Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Legitmate TT7??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Legitmate TT7??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, If v7 overinstalls, will swapping between v6 and v7 cause any issues with the activation code? Re:- the 7 day, 6 month thing?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Legitmate TT7?? Reply with quote

In my first post in this topic I stated

peterc10 wrote:
If this is correct TT are at last showing some commercial sense

I would like to apologise to Tom Tom for this disgraceful slur on their lack of business acumen and I can confirm that this statement in entirely wrong and I withdraw it immediately.

I posted several questions to Tom Tom (non) support about Home actually offering TTN7 to me and this was part of their reply

"Home is offering you this application in error. It is an update to the preinstalled version of Nav 7, so probably won't work."

Oh thank goodness for that. Home is offering to update my working version of TTN6 with a non-working version of TTN7 free - how kind!

I am so glad that Tom Tom is back to its normal ways - I don't think I could have stood the shock of them becoming helpful. Rolling Eyes
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I now have Home 2.5.2.60. I yesterday downloaded the Navigator 7 (7.910) to my HTC Advantage and a free city map taster (Bath v715.1732).

I am satisfied the application works OK, so I want a proper map. I cannot Switch Maps to any of the maps still on the device for Nav6, it doesn't see them. I copied an old v710 map onto the device, which it sees, but of course, won't allow to run because it's activated for another device. So I need to buy one from TomTom and I'm perfectly happy to do so. Can I get one? Not on my Nelly!! Home doesn't want to know about maps - everything it offers is only what I already own and is located on my computer, none for purchase and (it says and I believe it) won't work on my device. When I go simply to TT Website map shop, I select my "device" as Navigator 7, it then wants me to identify the PDA model and that's where it all starts to go wrong. Of course, the Advantage isn't on the drop down list, so what to choose? There are a few HTC Diamonds, but choosing any of those takes me to the offer of v815 maps, which I thought don't work with Nav7?

So unless somebody has some info on just how I can buy a map from TomTom, it looks like I'm going to have to revert to Nav6, which is a shame, because Nav7 looks better.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
v815 maps, which I thought don't work with Nav7?

Please research this before committing cash, but I read v815 are compatible with V7.910.9185. ie W&C Europe 815.2034.

I am awaiting and researching a solution for my new device, and so cannot I confirm this myself.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis

I think that V8.15 maps will work with TTN7, for the reasons that you set out - they are listed for its use on TT's mapstore. Whether they will work on your device is another matter, although logic would suggest they will if TTN7 will. But then logic and TT were never happy bedfellows. Wink

I may well give it a go this weekend but that will not be a very good test for you because I am using a Touch Diamond, which Home has already recognised and said the update will work for. Having said that TT support tells me that Home is lying! Mind you the same email said that even if TTN6 is working on my Touch Diamond it is still not compatible. Rolling Eyes

Mike Alder had also got TTN7 running on his HTC Athena with a sample map - Mike have you managed to get a full map going or not?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
Mike Alder had also got TTN7 running on his HTC Athena with a sample map - Mike have you managed to get a full map going or not?
Not as yet, but I might give it a try later today - I just don't like the idea of using the TT Home package for anything - in this instance I have two choices:

Use Home and get a new UK map
Don't use Home and don't use TTN7

I have a couple of other things to sort out first though, so for now I will have to put up with Kendal Map which, for a free "taster" covers a heck of an area - Mike
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
There are a few HTC Diamonds, but choosing any of those takes me to the offer of v815 maps, which I thought don't work with Nav7?

Depends. Some 815 maps are supported. For instance, I've heard from the grocer's wife's 3rd cousin that it just might be possible to use USA&Canada 815.2022 with TT7.910 (9185). Ahem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: