Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO x20/x30 Series Update: 8.300(9732) Now Available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO x20/x30 Series Update: 8.300(9732) Now Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazza_G
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hasn't offered my an upgrade at all.... Censored
gluey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Updated new software and new map and now i have an old problem again.
If you edit a built in poi(move it ) you lose all your warnings for your own poi!

Also try and delete one of your own poi.
When you get to the screen to select that poi you normally have two options.
It shows the poi on the map and two buttons CANCEL and DELETE.
But with the new software it shows CANCEL and DIAL!

I had this before on one of the dodgy version 7s.
I can confirm its with the software as i restored old software and map - all ok.
Then updated software only and bug comes back.
Tried old software with new map but it won't see the map as new version 8 software required.

Good old TomTom
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: well done again Reply with quote

Done my updates. then run TomTom 930 through home. Fantastic
Kate is still there as are all my quick menu items - took long enough but at last you are getting things right TomTom. Simple fixes that make for a better experience. Hopefully no surprises waiting round the corner. Razz

go 1005
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After doing the tweaking - I now love the new operating system - the biggest refinement for me is losing the Blue Bar at the bottom of the map and displaying the current road/next road at the top and bottom of the map. Thus the viewing area is much larger.

The only real refinement desired now is the Icon set (and any other goodies thrown in) from the Navcore 8.2 for the x40 range, that don't as yet work for the x20's.
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear some good installs....appreciate that. Wonder which way my 720 upgrade will go tonight...I've got the popcorn in and a sleeping bag.......

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="thetrotter"]After doing the tweaking - I now love the new operating system - the biggest refinement for me is losing the Blue Bar at the bottom of the map and displaying the current road/next road at the top and bottom of the map. Thus the viewing area is much larger.
quote]

I could see the bottom of the map was a slightly different shade to the rest, now I see why, didn't twig on that the street name bar had gone.
The shadow below my car icon has changed though.

go 1005
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: 3rd party apps and 8.3 Reply with quote

I apologize if this has been mentioned in the thread (didn't see it).

A post in a NA forum says if you do a factory reset, then your 3rd party apps will work in 8.3.

I haven't tried it and, of course, doing factory reset will mean user settings will have to be redone and recent destinations, favourites will be lost.

But, hey, if it works ........ Cool
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying it now... Shocked
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat.... Didn't work for me. My two games, Happy Lines and Robo, still go straight back to the normal nav. screen.

Now, where's that backup....
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Problems since upgrade Reply with quote

On Tuesday I installed app. 8.300 and then map version 815.2003. I lost my favourites but thanks to this forum I was easily able to retrieve them from my Windows backup. Wednesday, everything worked flawlessly, no problems with hands free phone calls, traffic updates through TMC all ok, re-routing to avoid delays. A real joy over 400 miles of driving. Now on to today; first leg 106 miles drive, no problems as far as I know; second leg, "Traffic information unavailable" (first time in 9 months that I've had that message). Eventually it came on showing no delays on route. What about the 10 minutes lost on the M40? What about the 6 minutes delay on the A34? Not a mention; of course if they rely on Radio Oxford they wouldn't know because Radio Oxford were more concerned with minor roads in town! Further along in time and hands free call kicks in, incoming call. Halfway through talking Tomtom gets stuck on one word and repeats it rapidly forever. Tried to finish call; nothing happening, tried to shut down Tomtom, nothing happening, still repeating the word. Eventually managed to get it to switch off by holding power button down. Tomtom switched off and then switched itself back on. Next incoming call, no sound whatsoever. What have Tomtom done to screw it up so badly; when srangely all was well yesterday?
dsouter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine seems to be working fine after update just one irritation.
When I tap to get traffic info read out, it says something like slow traffic on A??? average speed 20 kilometers per hr. I don't understand this new money and need miles. General settings on unit is MPH.
Duncan

go 1005
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems since upgrade Reply with quote

psyskiesman wrote:
Further along in time and hands free call kicks in, incoming call. Halfway through talking Tomtom gets stuck on one word and repeats it rapidly forever. Tried to finish call; nothing happening, tried to shut down Tomtom, nothing happening, still repeating the word. Eventually managed to get it to switch off by holding power button down. Tomtom switched off and then switched itself back on. Next incoming call, no sound whatsoever. What have Tomtom done to screw it up so badly; when srangely all was well yesterday?

Nothing new here - this 'bug' has existed on every software I have seen since the launch of the x20s. Basically, the x20s and x30s are pretty useless as handsfree devices - they WILL crash at somepoint during a call. Try deleting the gnsdata file in the gns folder and rebooting - if it won't let you delete it then it is corrupt and probably the cause of your problems. The other common culprit is mapsettings.cfg. Should cure it for a (short) while!

I am sure Dennis will be along soon to share his handsfree woes.........

Andy
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noted that the screen dump utility (if enabled) seems to keep taking snaps sometimes at the wrong time e.g. clicking envelope to read sms.

Does the screen dump option enabled use anymore of the units 64megs of ram?

On first start up after PC dock my unit reports only 5 megs free going up to 17.2 megs after a few minutes.

Perhaps the background task running indexing all your music tracks?

HummerUK
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a thought. Can you upgrade to the latest map without upgarding the problem Navcore ? I appreciate that the new functions in 8.15 won't work without Navcore 8.3 but given all the problems, given the 30 day window, would it work ? You could then download whatever Navcore update TT issue when they fix the bugs....

They will fix the bugs won't they ? Shocked

My "new" 720 still hasn't arrived....mmmm

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
cutslick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topgazza wrote:
Heres a thought. Can you upgrade to the latest map without upgarding the problem Navcore ?

Afraid not, I tried that yesterday. Although you can install the 8.15 map via Home, without 8.3 navcore you can't select the map. My 920T booted up with the options of North America and Guam and no Western Europe when I tried this. Installed the 8.3 Navcore again and Western Europe was selectable again.

Btw I had the voice stuttering issues on first install of 8.3 and the 8.15 maps but after reverting back to 8.01 and 8.10 then going through the installation process again all seems to be well (fingers crossed).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: