Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No NavCore 8 for older TomTom Models
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No NavCore 8 for older TomTom Models

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iron_Horse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: No NavCore 8 for older TomTom Models Reply with quote

Not sure if this is common news?

Quote:
Just to be clear, here’s a list of all the TomTom models which can make use of NavCore 8:
GO x40, GO x30, GO x20, ONE 3rd edition, ONE XL HD Traffic, ONE XL, ONE 30 series and XL 30 series."

Information quoted from:-

http://www.yournav.com/content/n/487/No_NavCore_8_for_older_SatNavs.html

Im considering buying a 520T at present and bringing it up to speed, Makes me wonder if its worth just getting a 530 to add a little more life to it? By that i mean its likely more updates will be available to a more recent release
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just been offered (and downloaded v7.900) of the TT software onto my TT v2...

No news on what the NEW software feature is on the TT Website...

(www.tomtom.com/6141)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: No NavCore 8 for older TomTom Models Reply with quote

Iron_Horse wrote:
Im considering buying a 520T at present and bringing it up to speed, Makes me wonder if its worth just getting a 530 to add a little more life to it? By that i mean its likely more updates will be available to a more recent release

I'd get a 520 if you can. The 520 can be upgraded and I'd be surprised if it wasn't updatable in the future as long as the x30 is.
SPRNTA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stampy72 wrote:
Well, I've just been offered (and downloaded v7.900) of the TT software onto my TT v2...

No news on what the NEW software feature is on the TT Website...

(www.tomtom.com/6141)

I have also downloaded 7.900 to my Go 910, for some reason my MapSettings.cfg file has been overwritten so I have lost all my favourites. On replacing the new file with my backed up version it just overwrites it again with a file just less than 2kb, my version is just short of 18kb.

HELP
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use POIEdit to open the old MapSettings.cfg file from your back and create a POI file from it, put the resulting ov2 file on the device and use that for you favourites. You can download POIEdit by clicking Here
This has a number of advantages, the format won't change between software releases and the contents can have thousands of entries rather than the 48 locations stored using favourite, it is also far more stable and less prone to a device crash erasing the data - Mike
SPRNTA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Use POIEdit to open the old MapSettings.cfg file from your back and create a POI file from it, put the resulting ov2 file on the device and use that for you favourites. You can download POIEdit by clicking Here
This has a number of advantages, the format won't change between software releases and the contents can have thousands of entries rather than the 48 locations stored using favourite, it is also far more stable and less prone to a device crash erasing the data - Mike

Thanks for that, now followed your advice and sorted - would you not think TT would be working on this by now??
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPRNTA wrote:
- would you not think TT would be working on this by now??

There's never been any guarantee that MapSettings.cfg would be the same from one software version to the next.
For example, the settings for text-to-speech are stored in MapSettings.cfg, so if you update from a machine without TTS to one with it, then MapSettings WON'T be copyable across.

But if something like this is going to happen, they SHOULD give you a warning before you update....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: