Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDA Essentials and GPS Advisor magazine database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDA Essentials and GPS Advisor magazine database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kush88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: PDA Essentials and GPS Advisor magazine database Reply with quote

Being a librarian by profession, and a long time collector of the popular printed U.K. magazine PDA Essentials & GPS Advisor ( which contains the very laest news and features on PDAs and GPS systems), I decided to do something no one has done yet.

I took time off weekend, to start a complete Table of Contents of PDA Essentials &GPS Advisor ( from 2005 to present. It is available in PDF format.

It is sometimes difficult to scan through even a year’s issue of PDA Essentials & GPS Advisor (12 issues per year) looking for specific past reviews, news, updates, features or tutorials etc.

With this TOC, using the search facility in the Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other PDF reader for your PC. laptop or PDA, it will be easier to search for which back issues of PDA Essentials, have the specific issues or news or features one is looking for. The section in the magazine which previews new PDAs and GPS devices (incl PNDs) is very informative with colour photographs. The magazine is actually in two parts. The one devoted to GPS systems is called GPS Advisor and it began in 2005. It is currently the only colour printed magazine in the U.K. devoted to the laetest news, reviews and previews on GPS systems.

As an independent reader of the magazine since 2003, I recommend it for readers on this forum.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I actually wrote the GPS content for them until their then owners went bust leaving me with a sizeable freelancer bill unpaid. Even more annoying when they can re-launch with a different owner a week later Evil or Very Mad

There is little there that you can't discover here and on other PDA websites for free.
kush88
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ah yes, I actually wrote the GPS content for them until their then owners went bust leaving me with a sizeable freelancer bill unpaid. Even more annoying when they can re-launch with a different owner a week later

Yes thanks for that feedback. This explain why 2 or 3 issues did not come out around the time the new management took over.

Yes the free websites devoted to GPS are very informative, with PocketGPSWorld the best U.K. website on GPS. I just see that the printed magazine is a good alternative to the Metro or Lite newspaer when am on the train from Watford to Esast Croydon going home, and no where near Internet access. Each day I scan my compilation to select an issue to read later and then take it with me to work. Then on the way home, I bring it out and start reading. My train journet is a good 48 minutes. When I get home I go online and first stop is PocketGPSWorld.com Very Happy
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The far, far better magazine in my opinion is/was the US 'Smartphone and Pocket PC'...far more up to date, and loads more pertinent information. I say was, as they too, have decided to call it a day Sad
(well blow me, I've just noticed one of their adds by my posted message...so what goes on PGPS ?)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
The far, far better magazine in my opinion is/was the US 'Smartphone and Pocket PC'...far more up to date, and loads more pertinent information. I say was, as they too, have decided to call it a day Sad
(well blow me, I've just noticed one of their adds by my posted message...so what goes on PGPS ?)

Click it and see!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: