Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 Upgrade offer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 Upgrade offer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Spotted Carl! Thumbs Up

I’ve placed my order too! €58.95 including delivery or approximately £39.32 in proper money! Twisted Evil

I have to say that I have two niggles with the TomTom upgrade web page:

1. It initially gives you the option to change to your local currency, but when you continue with the transaction it reverts back to Euros. Evil or Very Mad I prefer to place values of pounds sterling on the credit card, as I like to know exactly down to the penny what my current balance is. Otherwise the Credit Card company will do the conversion and add a conversion charge as well.

2. I’m sure that the website asked for my credit card details in an unsecured web page. However the final page that stated the order had been accepted was in a secure web page. Confused

markd wrote:
Upgrade site seems a bit flaky. I can get so far through the sequence of screens but with 2 upgrade items, it puts up an error message every time I try to get to the pay page

Mark, if you’re having trouble with the web page it might be down to your firewall, if you’re running one. I had to grant the TomTom Site extra authority for cookies etc., via ZoneAlarm Pro before I could continue.

Let’s hope that those of us who use this forum are head of the queue, as TomTom haven’t sent their notification email out yet. Happy

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
carl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the same problem. I have got a confirmation of my order from the Tomtom store but despite trying twice I never got a chance to fill in the payment details. I doubt that I will receive anything from them.

Perhaps I should try again later - their site may be overloaded?

Carl
markd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I have reduced my security to minimum levels and set to accept all cookies, but the website still wont allow me on to the paying page. I have tried on a second computer with the same results. I have received email notification of 3 separate upgrade orders, all awaiting confirmation of payment details which of course will not come as I can't get to the relevant page. I can't find an email address or other contact point to draw TomTom's attention to this problem.

Very frustrating,

Mark
carl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
I tried one more and this time I waited patiently a looong time after clicking on the link to the payment page. I disregarded the "ready" message from my browser that had me fooled before. Finally the payment page did appear and I was able to complete my purchase.

A confirmation showed up in my mailbox within minutes - my wait for delivery has begun!

Good luck!
Carl
Dang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgraded as well Thumbs Up
markd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persistence and patience paid off. Eventually the payment page came up after a very long wait!

Mark
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gone to the upgrade page and noticed it says make sure you have ALL your TTN2 product codes and in the form it has Productcode 1, 2 and 3.
I can find only one product code and that is the 15 character alpha/numeric code sticker on the inside of my TTN cd box

Can one of you guys enlighten me?

Cheers

Tom
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

If you have more than 1 product from Tom Tom e.g. Tom Tom UK, and Tom Tom Europe, you put both numbers into seperate boxes to get an upgrade on both. If you only have 1 product, then just add that products serial number in box 1. Hope that helps.

Alan
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Alan. No, I just have TTN2 Great Britain - but didn't realise you could also upgrade other goodies. Will go and put in my code now.

Cheers

Tom
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried to update ,but i get as far as submitting the 15 digit code and then i am asked for the activation code?? says my TT2 has not been activated very strange,as i would not be able to use it otherwise,anyone with any suggestions??

cheers trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
sitrap
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried ordering through the site, filled in everything but the verification code. When I clicked on "What is the verification code", the process crashed. I couldn't get back in because it said my code had alredy been used. I received an email from TomTom that they have received my order - but as I didn't fill in the verification code - whatever that is - I don't know if the order will be accepted.
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been talking to TomTom,it seems that according to them my TT2 was not activated, i know it was, this seems a very a regular thing according to the guy i was talking to it was not registered on there system, Rolling Eyes just waiting now for a phone call or a email Confused to clarify the outcome,maybe one of these days.

how can you use TT2 without registering ,ive been using mine for 5 months ,what a performance to get an upgrade ,maybe better off with TT2

very disapointed with customer service so far

Trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
Taz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I fill in the upgrade form on the TomTom website for my free upgrade as I only registered V2 recently?? Or do I have to do it another way?

Cheers
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the only way to get the upgrade is online. As you activated recently, you should only be charged EUR9.95 (somewhere around GBP6.75 by the time it hits your credit card) for post and packing.

David
Taz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Thanks I'll give it a go. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: