Joined: Jul 21, 2004 Posts: 2671 Location: Chelmsford, UK
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:53 pm Post subject: Safety Camera License Discounts for UK Company Fleets
A community call to action! We are always looking for ways to increase the number of drivers who use our Safety Camera Database... simply put, more users equal more camera spotters. This will therefore ensure the highest possible accuracy you have all come to expect and of course also generate income for the site.
Would the company you work for be interested in a database for its fleet of drivers?
Many safety conscious companies are already taking a proactive rather than reactive stance by encouraging their staff to continually regulate their speed. Our database is already boosting the safety levels of 10's of thousands of fleet drivers from the fleets of small start-ups right up to huge companies such as British Gas.
Did you know that according to the UK Road Safety Task Force Group about 20 people are killed and 250 are seriously injured each week in collisions involving someone driving for work purposes? Additionally, the ALD Automotive Guide to Fleet Management states that during the course of a typical year 65% of all company vehicles will be involved in an incident.
The Department for Transport says that "drivers should avoid rapid acceleration and heavy braking and try to anticipate stops and starts for traffic lights and changing traffic speeds". This is exactly what our speed and red light alerts achieve.
There are also many sound commercial reasons why companies should take advantage of safety camera alerts for their employees:
• Significantly less chance of employees being banned as a result of points on their licence.
• Companies are being seen to exercise a duty of care towards their employees by helping to ensure the safety of their employees when they are on the road.
• Less time lost due to staff injury, work rescheduling and vehicles off the road for repair.
• Less need for investigation into company vehicle incidents.
• Fewer vehicles off road for repair.
• Reduced running costs through better driving standards. Smoother driving can result in up to 30% less fuel usage.
• A reduction in insurance premiums as a result of fewer accidents.
• Less chance of a limited company being prosecuted. The Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) is always sent to the registered keeper who must respond. If the 'company' was not the driver of the vehicle then they must notify the police. Failure to do so constitutes an offence.
Free regular updates: Location updates are available up to four times per month and are included absolutely free with the annual license.
Ongoing accuracy ensured: Our huge 275,000 + community, including Police Officers, Safety Camera Engineers and Planners, send us thousands of monthly notifications reporting alterations and new cameras - often before they are even activated. Reliability is paramount, therefore all reported locations are consequently revisited and physically checked.
Free publicity: An opportunity for your company to promote itself as a safety conscious company through press releases that the media are sure to be interested in. The media love running pieces concerning speed cameras and the public love devouring them!
Employee reassurance: A more pleasant driving experience for employees who are reassured that they will be far less likely to be caught by a camera.
Increased safety awareness: Alerts will encourage a reduction in employees' speed and should therefore reduce distressing and expensive accidents.
Happier employees: Companies should experience a dramatic reduction in the number of tickets issued to employees!
Happier office staff: Companies should witness a substantial reduction in speed ticket disputes and administration.
Please pass the address of this page or our email address subscriptions @ PocketGPSWorld.com to the relevant decision maker within your company (sorry, but we can only negotiate discounts with a decision maker).
All we need to know from them is how many drivers the database is required for. The level of discount will depend on the volume required. _________________ Robert Brady
Editor, Pocket GPS World
The Premier GPS / SatNav Resource for News, Reviews and Forums
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum