Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Home Different Logins are they needed?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Home Different Logins are they needed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: TomTom Home Different Logins are they needed? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I just thought I would share what happened when I connected my Fathers Tomtom One 3rd edition.

I connected the unit, it was the first time it had been connected to a PC, he was bought it at Christmas but had not got it out of the box.

TT Home immediately recognised that it wasn't the unit normally connected by me which was my TT920T which I sold at the weekend. It asked if I wanted to add it to my account, I said yes as my father does not have a PC.

I updated via Home to Navcore V8.010 (This was Sunday Night 15th) I mention this because I thought it had been withdrawn for a while. Luckily I had already upgraded my 920T via the links (Now Dead) posted on this site.

Now, yesterday I bought a 930T is there any need to set up a new Login? Are there any advantages/disadvantages of doing this, or should I just add it to my existing account?

All replies welcome,

SDM197.
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With mine, i just used to log in and when i got the message about "not the device assigned to this account" i just carried on.
This is not a problem unless you want to buy extras as in maps etc, or you had maps for the 920T which will keep on appearing at every update.
I shouldn't mention this perhaps but when i upgraded to 8.010 home then started giving me the western & central europe ver710 that i bought for my old 910. I had already got Ver 720 Western Europe through LMG for my 720T so imagine my surprise when i hit LMG again and got the Western & central Europe 720 downloaded ... result Ok it only leaves 1.3 mb on the internal but it all works fine, i can unload Kate which is about 47mb but at present it is fine.

Just to save any confusion i would create a new account for your new device.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or change you father's device to a new email address then you can add yours to your existing account
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only have ONE device on ONE account. As TomTom told me, "If you have five devices, you need five accounts" - that's email addresses.

If you buy anything from TomTom for one account/device (e.g. annual GPRS traffic service or annual speed camera subscription), that service is locked to that device. If you record a change of device on your account, those services transfer to the new device (as per LesP2008 above).

It looks a though you have now changed your account from a 920T to a ONE 3rd Edition (on which the GPRS service and phone Bluetoooth don't work).

If you haven't bought any services from TT, simply set up a new email address account for the new 930.

If you have bought services (for the previous 920), you have a struggle ahead, as they are now locked to your dad's device, because you're only allowed to make one change per six months yourself and you've used that up with your dad's ONE. Any further changes require TomTom to do it for you - you contact them via the support service, they will want a copy of your 930 purchase receipt to prove you are not an illegal owner.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for your replies,

Good advice, I will definitely set up another account for the 930,

SDM197.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: