Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia 6600 tomtom-v5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia 6600 tomtom-v5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themaitradee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6600 tomtom-v5 Reply with quote

Hi

Nokia6600
TomTomv5 (419)
GPS driver v1.20
Gb map v562
512mb rsmmc

Hello People i am just new to the site so please take it easy on me and bear with me as im pretty new to the satnav game.

I have the above installed on my nokia and yes its an old phone but one of the reasons i bought it was the benefit of being able to get tomtom for it, i was going to edinburgh and and obviously the maps needed updated because the roundabout wasnt there so im obviously looking to update my maps and/or update the tomtom version.

I would be most grateful for you peeps to inform me of where i can grab some maps and/or which maps and how i go about installing them or which is the most updated version of tomtom that i could use of my phone.

regards and thanks

dez
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome!

Not sure if you mean "Navigator v5" or "Mobile v5". I'm guessing it's Mobile v5.

Unfortunately, TomTom are not selling or supporting Mobile 5 any more.

If I'm wrong, and it's Navigator you've got:

Navigator 6 is the only version supported by TomTom now but that's for PDAs, so you might well be stuck with what you've got..
New maps will only work with that version, and I remember TomTom WERE giving away a free upgrade to V6 if you bought a new map (but I can't see any reference to it now on a quick look).

The TomTom MAPSHOP is where to "grab a new map" Cool .
They should be quite a lot more up to date than your v5 one which is pretty old now, but you may STILL find your missing roundabout is not there... even the latest maps (for any satnav brand) can be up to two years or more out of date.

If there is a particular area you want checked, give a good description and someone with a newer map will check it for you.

To download and install the new map you need TomTom's PC utility "Home" (from HERE)
themaitradee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for your reply so quick as well, i dont suppose you would know if there any other versions of tomtom that would suit this phone (i also have a n91 but i prefer to use that as my mp3 player/phone) im sure i tried to install versions 6.01 and 5.02 but got no where fast?

All information is of course great received.

regards

dez(thick [asterisked swearing removed by PaulB2005])
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid that's exhausted my VERY basic knowledge of TT Mobile/Navigator. Laughing

I just had a look on the Nokia site and they were suggesting something called "Wayfinder Navigator 6", but I know even less about that!

Lookie,Lookie
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get V6 to run on some Nokia Symbian based phones - but the 6600 isn't mentioned in the support list - but that doesn't mean it won't work. It will depend upon the version of Symbian on your phone.

Even then you will be getting maps (V660) that are well out of date (probably in excess of 2 years by now).

You used to be able to download V660 of the maps that would run on TTNav V5 - but I think that isn't an option any more.

To be honest this lack of support for TT Nav is why I finally ditched TT Nav and went for an all-in-1 solution (Garmin nuvi).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: