Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Peugeot 406 Siemens satnav problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Peugeot 406 Siemens satnav problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JedExodus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Peugeot 406 Siemens satnav problems Reply with quote

Hey all, first post here and I was wondering if you all could shed a little light on some stuff for me.

Not that long ago we got a Peugeot 406, however the satnav system in it seems to be "jiggered", the lights on it to indicate power and if the CD's in are both a solid orange-ish, however no CD ejects and no CD can be inserted into the unit, when I try to access the satnav from the onscreen menu in the car the text is all garbled and won't let me highlight the selection.

I tried to remove the system to see if there were any obvious things inside it that Icould possibly fix but I failed horribly even at removing the thing as it seems attached strongly to a set of bolted down brackets

Anyway, if anyone could help me or could even instruct me on how to remove the unit i'd be most greatful, cheers Smile
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, not even sure what model was used in Peugeot's, does it have a small simple display i.e. not a full colour moving map but a basic arrow and text?

The first thing to do would be to remove power to it. I suggest caution here as it may require a code to unlock it if power is removed and reapplied so be sure you have a code if needed. Do you have the instruction manual? Does it mention any reset procedure or force eject procedure?

if you have the code or it does not need one, then see if you can isolate it by removing its fuses. Leave it a few mins then replace the fuses and see if it powers up?
uk-bob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: navsure installation Reply with quote

I am trying to complete installing one and there is no wire diagram - anyone point me to installation instructions?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: