Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CeBIT here we come!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CeBIT here we come!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: CeBIT here we come! Reply with quote

CeBit is nearly upon us, and the PocketGPSWorld.com team will be there getting the latest news update on products that are announced. I will be staying home (alone) Not Worthy whilst Darren, Mike and Robert are walking the halls of CeBit. I'll be here manning the forums and the site and making sure all the news comes through and appears on the site! Thumbs Up

There's going to be quite a bit of news from a number of companies, TomTom as most of you are aware by now plan to make an announcement at CeBit, some companies have announced product releases ahead of CeBit where others are trying to keep their press releases quiet until at CeBit, either way I'm sure it will be a great time. If you happen to be at CeBit and see the PocketGPSWorld.com team there, stop and say hi!

Last edited by Dave on Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you guys drew straws? :|
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I was scheduled to go but there was a complication. Crying or Very sad
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind Dave, you can have the pleasure of informing the rest of us about the findings of the team. Wink

I wish Darren, Mike and Robert good luck in their investigations and I hope that they enjoy CeBit 2004. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely we had lots of hardware (as you would expect) but no access to the Internet. There were plenty of wireless access points spread over the exhibition but unfortunately they were all closed local networks with no internet connectivity.

Next year we will be better prepared. The biggest shock was the physical size of the exhbition. There were over 27 halls full of stands. The GPS ones were scattered all over the place. It literally took 30 minutes to walk from one end to another the Messe Showground even have their own bus services connecting the halls!!

I must congratulate the Germans for the organisation of the infrastructure in and around CeBIT. Believe it or not the even shut one side of the motorway down so they can implement a "tidal system2 with six lanes coming in in the morning and six lanes going out in the evening.

When I get a few moments I will hit the keys and try and put together a short report of the event.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: