Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x-960 and vista
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x-960 and vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanfraser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: x-960 and vista Reply with quote

Hi all I was given a X-960 (new edition) for Xmas and am trying to load the supplied content manager software,, with no luck the software does not recognise the GPS when plugged into the USB, and the mobile device manger doesn't link with the GPS either,,,tried looking on the VM website but have not found any help there, for information I am running vista 32 on a Fujitsu/siemens laptop.. any help would be appreciated,,,,
rgds
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: x-960 and vista Reply with quote

alanfraser wrote:
Hi all I was given a X-960 (new edition) for Xmas and am trying to load the supplied content manager software,, with no luck the software does not recognise the GPS when plugged into the USB, and the mobile device manger doesn't link with the GPS either,,,tried looking on the VM website but have not found any help there, for information I am running vista 32 on a Fujitsu/siemens laptop.. any help would be appreciated,,,,
rgds

Welcome to the Forum, Alan.

I don't know if the 960 is different to the 970, but do you not have to use MS Active Synch with your device Question . You make no mention of it Crying or Very sad

If you do, and you are not using it, then you should download it and install it. Also, getting the viaMichelin pdf Manual from their website would be helpful as it is much more comprehensive than that provided in the box. Do I assume that you have loaded the Content Manager software but the problem is that your device will not synch with it?

Gee-Pee
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try translating the French Vista FAQ with googles language tools.

Click Here

with This Use the translate web page feature.

Good luck...
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR it would be more helpful if Michelin gave the same FAQ #2942 in English. Rolling Eyes
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: x-960 and vista Reply with quote

alanfraser wrote:
rgds

Hi Alan
I've just been trying to load the Content Manager on my own laptop with Vista on it. I have run into the same problem as you! Nothing I do will make the machine recognize my 970 Crying or Very sad I note that MS Active Synch will not work on Vista and instead it needs Windows Mobile Device Centre. It does not seem to be loaded on Vista but rather you have to download it. I did that but it still would not recognise my 970 Wink Have you yet had any luck Question
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to the translated page for installation tips for Vista.
HERE

GeePee
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee, Alan - You've probably seen this thread, but just in case ...

"Contact Manager will not recognise 970T Windows Vista OS"

Whether it helps with your problem, I don't know.

And Steve_uk - as for 2D/3D, I'm fairly sure that 3D is only available in Navigation mode (the V7 on the website manual certainly suggests that, and I've also seen a definite statement somewhere - but where Confused ?!)

NB - I seem to have mixed up two threads with this reply. Not sure if I should also have put it in "Problem with 970 2Dview to 3Dview".
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Gee-Pee, Alan - You've probably seen this thread, but just in case ...

"Contact Manager will not recognise 970T Windows Vista OS"

Whether it helps with your problem, I don't know.

And Steve_uk - as for 2D/3D, I'm fairly sure that 3D is only available in Navigation mode (the V7 on the website manual certainly suggests that, and I've also seen a definite statement somewhere - but where Confused ?!)

NB - I seem to have mixed up two threads with this reply. Not sure if I should also have put it in "Problem with 970 2Dview to 3Dview".

Hi David. Yes, I've seen that other thread - here is the link if others want to read it here
It does not fully help with my problem as v7.03 patch does not seem to address it. I don't want to try the compatibility route either as I suspect I would then have to try to install Active Synch in the same mode on Vista Crying or Very sad I think I will just try to follow the VM site instructions (in French - Crying or Very sad again! )

As to the 2D/3D question, I agree that I still think it is only available in Navigation mode despite what our esteemed editor thinks Wink I stand to be corrected though!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: