Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Jukebox stops the music when GPS reception is lost
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Jukebox stops the music when GPS reception is lost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: TomTom Jukebox stops the music when GPS reception is lost Reply with quote

I noticed a strange thing this evening. I was listening to music on my TT 720 through the car stereo via the FM transmitter. When I entered a tunnel the GPS reception was of course lost. The funny thing is that the mp3 playing stopped too. The voice commands continued without GPS (my guess ist that the navigator assumes that you continue with constant speed through the tunnel). Anyway, when the GPS signal came back after the tunnel the music started playing again! Has anyone else had this experience? Is it some kind of feature that I don't understand or is it a bug?

Another "feature" with TomTom Jukebox by the way. It keeps disappearing from the quick menu. I have to go into settings to re-enable the it again in the quick menu. Anyone seen this?
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tunnel thing is very odd!
It really IS pretending to be a radio! Laughing

I lose the jukebox in the quickmenu all the time too.
I THINK what's happening is that the quickmenu reverts back to three default icons, rather than it being just the jukebox vanishing.
And I THINK it happens when you connect to Home (and maybe only when you use the "virtual" on-screen TomTom in Home).
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

And I THINK it happens when you connect to Home (and maybe only when you use the "virtual" on-screen TomTom in Home).

I have had this suspicion too. Some features of the unit seem not to be possible to use via the virtual interface in TT Home (like TT Jukebox and the Phone features). So maybe that's why they are removed from the Quick Menu. I will do some testing to see if this is the case.

It would be interesting to know if someone else can recreate the problem with TT Jukebox stopping the music in a tunnel. That IS strange! I will try again some night using the built-in loudspeaker instead of the car stereo. That shouldn't make a difference but who knows...
SW can create funny things...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: