Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mp3 skips to next track when speedwarning sounds
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mp3 skips to next track when speedwarning sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: mp3 skips to next track when speedwarning sounds Reply with quote

Hi all

got a strange one here. I have a Nuvi 660FM and i updated it to the latest firmware on Friday. Since then if i am listening to mp3's (stored on 2gig sd card) and i approach a speedcamera (using the pocket gps database and the mp3's for warning) as soon as the warning goes off the mp3 changes to the next track. I switched to using the built in speedcams and the same thing happens it changes to the next mp3 track. Never used to happen before i updated.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't occur on a Nuvi 310, so is not common across the whole range. Which software version do you have installed on the 660 (ie is it the latest)?
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the latest just updated on Friday. If the speedwarnings are set to mp3 or the default "bong" it still happens.No problems with inbuilt speedwarnings. It has no effect on playing mp3's.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same thing happen too.

I updated to firmware 4.20 and when the MP3 file for the Speed Camera alert plays, it causes the track to skip to the next one.

I am using Ash's Camera Manager and the latest POI loader (2.4.2). I have found Firmware 4.20 to be a great improvement as it speeds up the map refresh rate.

I wonder whether using the beta Poi Loader which accepted .WAV files is a possible solution.
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Least i know it's not just me. I phoned garmin this today and i am waiting for a reply. They said they would try it on a 660 there and get back to me within 20 mins. That was at 11.30 today still waiting.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify that every warning "Gatso / Mobile camera ahead", ie initial warning and then proximity ones around 5 seconds apart (using Ash's Camera Manager) will trigger the MP3 player skipping to the next track.
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use the pocket gps speedzoned cameras with the mp3 warnings says "GATSO 30" etc then it skips to next mp3 track. So sounds same problem as yours. Have you contacted Garmin.
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a call from Garmin. The problem is with the 420 update. they have sent me the 410 firmware to downgrade. They say that the problem has been replicated on the units they have there and have asked Garmin US to remove the 420 update untill the issue is resolved in another firmware update. (other people have had the same problem and reported it) I am just about to downgrade to 410 and will let everyone know if this sorts the problem.

Just down graded to 4.10 firmware all works ok now. Lets hope the next firmware will give us the improvements of 4.20 but without the problems of track skipping on the speedcamera mp3's
PaulJSmith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just to let you know. I have the speed sounds in WAV format (always have had) and use GPX converter to adjust warning distances etc. I use POI loader 2.4.0.0 as this supports WAV.

I don't have the problem at all so if you want to have the latest firmware and want the MP3 to work then you could also try this set-up.

cheers,
Paul
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. With the new gps update i had to run the webupdater to get it and it would not let me go past the firmware update for the nuvi so i converted voice files to wav as you did and tried that however poiloader current version does not seem to suppot wav files anymore so i down graded to 2400 same as you. Reloaded poi and wav files for speedcams BINGO wav files work now. Seems STUPID that Garmin removed the ability to handle wav files from the latest poi loader. Still will have to wait for Garmin to fix another problem.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madhatter wrote:
Seems STUPID that Garmin removed the ability to handle wav files from the latest poi loader.
To be fair to Garmin, no formally released version of POI Loader has ever supported WAV files; Garmin released a BETA version with WAV file support, but I suspect they hit a licensing limitation of the chosen third party application they used to make it work.

It's easy to use something like Audacity to convert your WAV files to mp3 to allow you to move forward with POI Loader...
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true, however you can't use mp3's for speedcamera warnings and play mp3's at the same time using the current firmware as the mp3 you are listening to skips to the next track.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madhatter wrote:
Thats true, however you can't use mp3's for speedcamera warnings and play mp3's at the same time using the current firmware as the mp3 you are listening to skips to the next track.
That's just a bug in this particular firmware though - the previous version worked fine...
Cholmeleian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how you make and set a MP3 sound alert with the camera POI files that this site provides?

I have a NUVI 370
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just convert the ogg files to mp3 using audacity and save them as the same name as the speed warning file. If you are unsure just pm me your email addy and i will send you both the mp3 speed zoned files and the speed zoned wav files. Then just load either via poi loader.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: