Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updating PGPSW speed camera d/base in v7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating PGPSW speed camera d/base in v7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I sent that last reply I noticed that the time on the reply was 20 minutes out so the PGPSWorld server needs a kick!
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm getting well confused. I retried the Change option to see if, as Davegthomas said the PC .ppi files were updated - for me they weren't. But when files were created I found the same as others, that the X980 times were 8 hours in the future, BUT the PC versions were time-stamped ok (presumably by Content Manager).

Then I decided to see what happened if I set ActiveSynch to synchronise the X980 with the PC clock, as I remembered before that it seemed to mess the time up, as a couple of people noted. It then synchronised the X980 time again to an 8 hour difference, but earlier than the current time! Stop it!

I have not been able to find any info in Help as to where ActiveSynch picks its time up from, or how to alter it (updating to V4.5 makes no difference). But I do wonder if the time mixup is confusing the synch operation in some way so that updating isn't being done properly. I think I'll do a bit of Googling!

Merry Xmas everyone
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
So, I'm getting well confused. I retried the Change option to see if, as Davegthomas said the PC .ppi files were updated - for me they weren't. But when files were created I found the same as others, that the X980 times were 8 hours in the future, BUT the PC versions were time-stamped ok (presumably by Content Manager).

Then I decided to see what happened if I set ActiveSynch to synchronise the X980 with the PC clock, as I remembered before that it seemed to mess the time up, as a couple of people noted. It then synchronised the X980 time again to an 8 hour difference, but earlier than the current time! Stop it!

I have not been able to find any info in Help as to where ActiveSynch picks its time up from, or how to alter it. But I do wonder if the time mixup is confusing the synch operation in some way so that updating isn't being done properly. I think I'll do a bit of Googling!

Merry Xmas everyone

I've finally found out how to fix the time issues on my X970T Very Happy It now uses GMT time, and not Pacific time (even after an active synch). I spent quite a while working this out (it involves editing the registry on the X970T).

1. Download a remote registry editor for Windows Mobile devices.

http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/2005/1/Mobile_Registry_Editor.aspx

2. Connect the X970T to the computer via its USB cable and let active synch to do its stuff.

3. Start up MobileRegistryEditor (that you downloaded).

4. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE tree on the left hand side.

5. Expand the Time Zones key.

6. Click on "Time Zones" (the top one) and change (double click) the default key to "GMT Standard Time" (without quotes). Mine used to say "Pacific Standard Time", which is obviously incorrect!

6. Close the Registry Editor.

7. Disconnect the USB cable.

7. Reset the X970T (pin the back job). A basic turn off/on does not work... as it does not allow the device to reread the registry.

8. Connect the X970T back up again and allow Active Synch to do its stuff.

9. Disconnect the USB cable again and check the time. It should be the same as the PC. Very Happy

Note: You need to make sure the PC clock is using GMT before you start this procedure.

Good luck! I'm happy because my DAY/NIGHT colours now work.
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100

Thank you very much - mine was also set to Pacific Standard Time.

That's another problem solved.

Cheers
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask it I want to switch over to using the pocket GPS World data base, should I delete/take off the ViaMichelin Speedcamera database via Content Managetr (I have x 570T)

Also do you get a diferent icon when aprouching temp/mobile cameras compared to fixed cameras (I did with the Pocket GPS database on my Garmin I3)

Many Thanks

Jlo
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
should I delete/take off the ViaMichelin Speedcamera database

I am not familiar with the X570T but I keep the VM info and add the PGPS speed files.

Quote:
do you get a diferent icon when aprouching temp/mobile cameras compared to fixed cameras

You get whichever Icon you associate, in Content Manager, with it.
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davegthomas wrote:
Quote:
should I delete/take off the ViaMichelin Speedcamera database

I am not familiar with the X570T but I keep the VM info and add the PGPS speed files.

Quote:
do you get a diferent icon when aprouching temp/mobile cameras compared to fixed cameras

You get whichever Icon you associate, in Content Manager, with it.

Apologogies Embarassed I meant x970T not 570T.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Jlo
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Ok I tried adding the pocket GPS files today, First got the error that the picture files were to big so resized them and tried again. I then got the attached error. Now everytime I click on my POI and click on new folder I get this error (set pixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel format) from the content manager. I saw this mentioned in a previous thread but can someone tell me in simple layperson terms how to fix this?

Many Thanks

Jlo
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey wrote:
Right, now that the SetPixel problem's ironed out, what's going to be the right way to update the PGPSW database when it's next released?

?

What did you do SpikeyMikey to iron out the setpixel problem?

Thanks

jlo
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to iron out the setpixel problem

He downloaded the patch called V7.0.3 and installed it.

Enjoy!
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done that. My version is 7.03 (build 166) and I was trying to do the speedcameras on the updated version. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Chees

Jlo
jlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have just found this thread http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=61869&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 which seems helpful, except I need Berties resizing tool for Vista.

Cheers All

Jlo

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: