Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Operating system ver 7.16
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Operating system ver 7.16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianI
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: TT Operating system ver 7.16 Reply with quote

I have just downloaded the latest operating system on my GO500 via TT home. A number of strange things are now happening
1. Many PGPS safety camera file names are corrupted and appear like this *qX-. Not quite sure whether they still work or not
2. I seem to have to screen that tell me what version of maps, system, device etc. Seems to have disappeared from the menu.
3. I now have a "help me" icon but when I put in "walk to nearest doctor", the nearest one is in southern Ireland. Going to be a long walk.

Has anyone experienced similar problems and know what the solutions are
Brian
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try using the search function
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, How many files do you have in the Map folder that end with .ov2 (these are the custom POI files) - I have never seen the PocketGPSWorld speed camera files re-name this way though, if they don't work download a fresh set and put them on the device.

For the map version number tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box about halfway down the right side of the screen.

Doctors and Chemists etc are derived from the rubbish inbuilt POI files supplied with the unit, if you lived down South the nearest are in France Shocked MapShare might improve the situation but this is going to take a very long time by the looks of it. Does the HelpMe Icon do anything or do you just get a blank screen? - Mike
BrianI
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
I did try downloading a fresh set and it made no difference. Looking into it a bit closer, the only PGPS files that are corrupted are the ones that have an associated voice file .ogg with them. Does this latest operating system not work with .ogg files? My EUR and pmobile files that dont have voices are OK.

The "help me" does work with certain things like railway stations but not doctors or pharmacies to name but two.
Brian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianI wrote:

The "help me" does work with certain things like railway stations but not doctors or pharmacies to name but two.
Brian

There are now some add on files available from TomTom to address the missing Doctors Dentists etc. Still aren't great, but a vast improvement on "none"
http://www.tomtom.com/support/solution.php?GID=1&PID=1682&SID=0&CID=217-219&Language=1&query=help+me&FID=7892

Edit: just noticed it says they will only work with v7.05 map.
I'd make a backup (Explorer not Home) and try it anyway....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: