Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom one second editions. blinking X in right corner.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom one second editions. blinking X in right corner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomuser23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Tom Tom one second editions. blinking X in right corner. Reply with quote

Hello!

I have purchased Tom Tom One second edition and wanted to get updates via internet. But something went wrong and don't know what to do. I got an error message:
component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)[nslExternalProtokolService.loadURI]

i am not able to access it with the computer and it quit working. Doesn't load at all. unfortunately i didn't back up my gps files. Is there any way I can restore my GPS to work?
It did previously work, but now it is not working.

Thanks a lot in advance. Smile
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a Reset?

When you connect it to the PC, you don't say what happens (or doesn't). Have you tried accessing with Explorer?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
harryb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem may be different, but I also had a problem where I got the red X.

In my case it turned out that the memory card had got corrupted and the file-system wasn't readable by the device. I had to reformat the memory card and restore from a backup.

I now travel with a copy on another memory card just in case :-(

I would suggest trying to read the memory card separately from the device, any SD card reader should be fine. You *may* be able to recover & copy files off the card before wiping, reformatting and putting them back on there.

-- Harry
tomuser23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to reset the device, but no luck. The bad thing is that I dontt have a back up. You mean I need to remove the SD card from outside or do I need to open up the system and remove the card from there? I don't have an SD card unfortunately. Explorer all that it does is requesting me to format the card, but I know I will lose everything. Do you know what software I could use to trick explorer? I may assume the card is corrupted and things will be lost. When I plug it in, it just warns me not to remove the cable and that is it. I am not able to browse the contents of the GPS device. Sad
jcjeffe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem and traced it to using an old version of TomTom home. The card became corrupted on several occasions and I actually bought a second card and put TomTom on as a backup in case the original got corrupted on holiday.

I then noticed that the problem started when I connected it to my friends PC as you could not see the data on the card and TomTom would not run afterwards. I had to restore a backup using a card reader to get it working. However on another occasion I didnt have the card reader so I took it home and tried it on my PC and every thing worked ok and the card did not get corrupted.

I was using the latest version of TomTom Home but the version on the other PC was over a year old. Ever since I updated Home the card has not become corrupted.

Chris
tomuser23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I need to open up the TomTom One v2? I mean the card is inside and will need to open it up and plug the card into a card reader? i got a card reader? i don't have a back up and don't know where to get it. Called tomtom support and they are not willing to help. Evil ppl. Sad Tried resetting and still no luck. Just praying for a miracle.
harryb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you have the version with the internal memory and an optional SD card and it's the internal memory that is bad....

Hmm, I'm not too sure about that one. I'm not sure what the unit does when it can't read from the internal memory and you connect it to the computer via USB. I would hope that you could still view the memory via windows explorer.

You should also try contacting TomTom support about this. They might have some ideas (although you need to be patient & persistent to get anywhere with them).

-- Harry
harryb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sorry I missed the bit about you contacting TT support already)

You probably have to be careful about how you phrase your question. Remember you are dealing with someone who has a billion emails to look at,... As I say, you have to be patient & persistent to get anywhere with them.
jiminy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too got the white cross on the red background. I can't work out what caused it - I was trying to install a POI overlay (.ov2 file) onto a Tomtom 2nd Edition (no SD card). At the same time Tomtom home prompted my to install the safety camera updates I subscribe to. When I disconnected the Tomtom it rebooted but would only give me the white cross/red background. Despite doing what Tomtom Support suggested it's still broken.

The overlay was designed for a Tomtom and I have installed it successfully on my Tomtom Rider 2. Do you think it's a coincidence or does anyone know of known problems installing POI overlays onto the Tomtom One 2nd Edition (no SD card)? Naturally I don't want to get it repaired only to corrupt the memory again as a result of trying to install the POI's.

Thanks

Jim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: