Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New POIs TT V3??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New POIs TT V3??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: New POIs TT V3?? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how to make my own POIs. Other than "Favourites," there dosnt seem to be anyway of inputting POIs!!! Can I modify the existing POIs?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, could you please confirm which device you actually have, is it a one V3 or One Third Edition, they are different devices with a consierable difference in how they operate. I asked this last night in reply to one of your posts related to POI problems, check the device does it have a memory card slot on the underside or not? as this will confirm the device type. - Mike
jonf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, the device dosnt have a memory card - all internal; TT One new Third Edition.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we know it is a third edition device we might make some progress, TomTom for some bizarre reason disabled the custom POI functions from this device so whilst the Warn when near POI function is available from the preferences menu the full POI preferences menu is no longer on the unit. This probably explains your confusion between the V2 and current unit, they look and feel the same but something is missing on the newer device.
To overcome this stupidity on the suppliers part you can install a custom menu to return the device to normal ''Planet Earth'' format, this does involve loading a custom menu - I detailed the method of how to do this when I wrote a review of the third edition device a while back, it is on page two of the TomTom One Go Rider forum section (this section) go to page two of the index and look for the One Third Edition post I made, have a read through all of it and see what you think of the latter part which details the custom menu, I would post a direct link but doing so while mobile on the train is not too easy Crying or Very sad -Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to Mike's review and custom menu:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59534

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: