Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom one xl regional poi enable disable not showing help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom one xl regional poi enable disable not showing help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalf72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: tom tom one xl regional poi enable disable not showing help Reply with quote

Hi all, commited the biggest no no possible didnt take a back up of the program before trying to install updates, what is happening is I cant enable / disable speed cams due to it not being in Preferences' then 'Manage (or Maintain) POI' then 'Enable / Disable POI' I dont have that on my tom tom xl at all.in that section I have add poi warn when near poi delete poi edit poi add poi and delete poi category but no enable disable poi .

Should point out that this is new and just out of box, tried to take back but they are saying since tom tom is not forget wording used but something like broke they wont do anything for me.

I cant verify if it was there in the first place and dont have backup any idea how to get round this, I have tried to use the reset factory settings option but that done nothing to bring that back.

Software version is 7.120 gps1.21 map united kingdom and republic of ireland v675.1409

os 2303

Anyone able to provide any help on this please Thanks in advance.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about the supplied TomTom cameras, you will find them under "TomTom PLUS services". Also, you may need to go to "Preferences, Show ALL menu options" (on the third page) to get the "Manage POIs" button.
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when you get it all going again, Do a FULL WINDOWS EXPLORER backup before you do anything else. Number 1 on the link below.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=50045
gandalf72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replies, yes was on about the pre installed cameras, I went into plus services pressed the tom tom safety cameras and then it gave me message about it warning you about upcominging saftey cameras it then says to use it you to to join this service and then transfer the safety camera locations to your device.

I had the option for show all menu options selected and was able to get into manage poi option but for some reason it wouldnt display the enable disable poi's or activate it.

Does that meen you dont have this in this version or have i done something to mess this up sorry noob here.

Tanda thanks for your help on how to do a back up that will be top of to do list once sorted out.

Thanks Tim for your help much appreciated
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalf72 wrote:
I had the option for show all menu options selected and was able to get into manage poi option but for some reason it wouldnt display the enable disable poi's or activate it.

Does that meen you dont have this in this version or have i done something to mess this up sorry noob here.

I have the same version as you on my XL, except that my OS shows as 2301, not 2303.

Are you saying that you cannot enable or disable ANY POIs or just the TomTom ones? If the latter, they aren't enabled in this manner.
gandalf72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim,

It is not showing me the icon to enable or disable any poi so I dont know what speed cameras are there and have driven by ones that have been there for over 2 years and it does not show up on map or alert.

I can go into manage poi and select warn when near poi and have safety camera and noise to show when that happens.

Not sure if that is right or not man in shop seemed to think I needed to enable it and there should be an enable option there.

Thanks for help with this
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, to enable/disable POi's, tap screen then go to change preferences/show POi on map. If you haven't got any POi's, then perhaps you won't have this option highlighted. As said, the TomTom speed cameras won't be there, they are enabled through TomTom HOME, but I wouldn't bother, use the ones from this site, much better.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite, the TomTom- supplied speed cameras are enabled/disabled in the "Plus" menu as Tim said above (not in "Home"). Obviously, you will only be able to enable them if they have been installed on your unit. Sometimes they come ready installed for a one month's trial, otherwise you will have to subscribe to them first and then download them to the machine.

All other POIs, (including the better PGPSW speed cameras) are enabled/disabled in the way Tanda says: change preferences/show POI on map (If I remember correctly, that item used to be buried deeper, as a subsection of the "Manage POI" menu, but they've brought it out into the main prefs. menu.

They will also be enabled if you select them from "Browse Map" / "Options". Tick the POI box, then tap the "POI" button at the bottom and tick the individual categories in the list.
andynormancx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was caught by this as well, it took me a while to realise that the TomTom Plus Services menu item is NOT in the Preferences menu, it is in the Main Menu (on the last page).

I was also fooled by the fact that the cameras aren't shown on the map when you enable POIs, you have to go into the camera menu and choose "Show safety cameras" to see a map with the camera POIs displayed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: