Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager v2.5 - now with Tomtom support!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager v2.5 - now with Tomtom support!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Ash10's Camera Manager v2.5 - now with Tomtom support! Reply with quote

I've just updated my Camera Manager utility, and added Tomtom support.

To save cross-posting, you can read all about it over on the Garmin forum here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43111&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=403

Download link as below, help/instruction page here

Do keep any Tomtom related comments in this thread though - I'm interested to see what you all think... Wink
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Ash10's Camera Manager v2.5 - now with Tomtom support! Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
I've just updated my Camera Manager utility, and added Tomtom support.

To save cross-posting, you can read all about it over on the Garmin forum here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43111&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=403

Download link as below, help/instruction page here

Do keep any Tomtom related comments in this thread though - I'm interested to see what you all think... :wink:

Has anyone used this with a TomTom, and if so is it useful?
The only drawback I can see is that it seems as if the TT must always be connected, or it becomes a bit pointless.

What would REALLY be useful is a similar applet for the vMichelin, as updating cameras on these devices is a bit of a nightmare (compared to TomTom). Any thoughts Ash?

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... I thought this would be good (its so close!), but seems a bit flawed...

All I want it to do, is download the speed zoned complete file (as in, keep both speeds and camera types seperated)... and copy to tomtom.

The unconfirmed mobile sites im not bothered either way - it can compile them if it likes.

But yeah - seems what I want is not possible? or is it a donate feature? ill donate if the product will allow me to do what i want it to do, but I only see speed zoned, OR (not and) camera type splits.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ash10's Camera Manager v2.5 - now with Tomtom support! Reply with quote

trevor.dowle wrote:
Has anyone used this with a TomTom, and if so is it useful?
The only drawback I can see is that it seems as if the TT must always be connected, or it becomes a bit pointless.

You only need to connect your TT to the computer when Camera Manager asks you to - ie: when the camera database has been updated, and the new one is ready to install on your device.

It goes something like this:

1) Run Camera Manager (it stays running over a reboot).

2) Camera Manager periodically checks for updates to the camera database.

3) If updates are available, Camera Manager automatically downloads them, tweaks them (according to your settings), and advises you to connect your TT to the computer.

4) Connect your TT to the computer (whenever is next convenient), and Camera Manager automatically updates the device for you.

5) Goto 2 above. Job done...
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:
Wow.... I thought this would be good (its so close!), but seems a bit flawed...

All I want it to do, is download the speed zoned complete file (as in, keep both speeds and camera types seperated)... and copy to tomtom.

The unconfirmed mobile sites im not bothered either way - it can compile them if it likes.

But yeah - seems what I want is not possible? or is it a donate feature? ill donate if the product will allow me to do what i want it to do, but I only see speed zoned, OR (not and) camera type splits.

The files generated are as follows (plus associated icons, if required).

Sort by camera type:

- PocketGPS_UK_Gatso.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Mobile.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Redlight.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Specs.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Temp.ov2

Sort by speed limit:

- PocketGPS_UK_Twenty.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Thirty.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Forty.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Fifty.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Sixty.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Seventy.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Unknown.ov2

Sort by camera type and speed limit (donation required):

- PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Seventy/Sixty/Fifty/Forty/Thirty/Twenty/Unknown.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Mobile_Seventy/Sixty/Fifty/Forty/Thirty/Twenty/Unknown.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Specs_Seventy/Sixty/Fifty/Forty/Thirty/Twenty/Unknown.ov2
- PocketGPS_UK_Temp_Seventy/Sixty/Fifty/Forty/Thirty/Twenty/Unknown.ov2

Hope that helps Very Happy
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah that explains it, I had the same issue, didn't realise they were just greyed out until I made a donation. So I deleted the file.

I was going to donate anyway, but now I know by donation fully opens the software up to the options I wanted to use I'm more than happy to donate, so I'll be downloading it again later.
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oK,

I'm still not sure why you want to rename the files Ash - it means I have to rename all my OGG files. Never mind though.

I'll be donating - but how much and how? Maybe I need to visit the garmin forum eh?
Ray-of-Sunshine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you run the program there is a donate button in the bottom left corner, I presume thats where to donate, haven't tried it yet going to bed shortly so I do it at some point over the weekend
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vibeone wrote:
I'm still not sure why you want to rename the files Ash - it means I have to rename all my OGG files. Never mind though.

You can blame Garmin Razz for the filenames being slightly different - their POI download software tries to be too clever (and fails...) - that's why the numbers (ie: 70) have been replaced with words (ie: Seventy).

I figured that it would be safest to keep filenames the same between Garmin and Tomtom modes, rather than double the number of files (already more than 60 Shocked) that Camera Manager has to keep track of.

So yes, if you do use speed-specific voice warnings - I'm afraid that you will need to rename some of your OGG files accordingly...
vibeone
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
vibeone wrote:

You can blame Garmin Razz for the filenames being slightly different - their POI download software tries to be too clever (and fails...) - that's why the numbers (ie: 70) have been replaced with words (ie: Seventy).

I figured that it would be safest to keep filenames the same between Garmin and Tomtom modes, rather than double the number of files (already more than 60 Shocked) that Camera Manager has to keep track of.

So yes, if you do use speed-specific voice warnings - I'm afraid that you will need to rename some of your OGG files accordingly...

Thanks for the explanation Ash - as I said, it doesn't really matter since I only have to do it once! Smile

I like the automatic pmobile's too. Expect a donation shortly - perhaps when I get my camera sub though first hehe.
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ash10's Camera Manager v2.5 - now with Tomtom support! Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:

You only need to connect your TT to the computer when Camera Manager asks you to - ie: when the camera database has been updated, and the new one is ready to install on your device.

Sounds good, I'll give it a try.
What about my comments on the vMichelin though? That really would be worth paying for.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: