Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Root of the 720 XULrunner.exe problem found
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Root of the 720 XULrunner.exe problem found
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hindsight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Root of the 720 XULrunner.exe problem found Reply with quote

I have been trying all sorts of tests to see if I could track this problem down and I think I got it.

I removed the bluetooth link to my phone (menu / mobile phone / manage phones / delete xxxxxxx) and now the virtual TT works fine in Home 2 and Home 1.6.

Just to make sure I had found the problem, I re-established the bluetooth connection and voila - it crashes with the XULrunner.exe problem again.

So the question is - why? Maybe it's the type / model of phone?????

Home 2: 2.0.0.370
Navcore: 7.01.8290

TomTom Go 720 and loving it with Google Earth linkup.

Last edited by hindsight on Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skwark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spotted

Confirmed that here on a 520... deleted the link to my W810i and it now works... odd.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two great features I use on TT GOs - navigation and Hands free phone capability.

Have you tried the other possible cure - disable the navigating capability instead of the bluetooth? Laughing Or maybe there's a way to turn off the screen view?

Now mine is failing to download GPSFix - just hangs there not happening.

I wish Handtec would hurry up and tell me when my new one is coming.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halleluyah!! As I write that, guess what's just landing in my in box? ....

Quote:
Pre 9:30am is not a problem,

We have arranged for it to be delivered to be with you for tomorrow. Please make sure the faulty item is packaged and ready for collection as the delivery company will reject delivery unless the item is collected.

Thank you for your time and patience.

What more can I say? Jumping With Joy Jumping With Joy Jumping With Joy Clap Clap Clap Love it

Skwark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

In order to solve all your technical issues:

1. Turn off device
2. Don't turn it back on again
3. Buy a road atlas

I'm debating whether to return mine (fortunately I can return it in person). You'll have to let us know Dennis if your replacement does any better!
hindsight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a replacement unit from Handtec today - I'll feedback once I've tested it. At least now I know what's causing the problem so I'll make sure everything is fine before hooking up the bluetooth on the phone.

forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Root of the 720 XULrunner.exe problem found Reply with quote

hindsight wrote:
I have been trying all sorts of tests to see if I could track this problem down and I think I got it.

I removed the bluetooth link to my phone (menu / mobile phone / manage phones / delete xxxxxxx) and now the virtual TT works fine in Home 2 and Home 1.6.

Just to make sure I had found the problem, I re-established the bluetooth connection and voila - it crashes with the XULrunner.exe problem again.

So the question is - why? Maybe it's the type / model of phone?????

Home 2: 2.0.0.370
Navcore: 7.01.8290

Have you reported this to TomTom mate Question Question

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
hindsight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's the story.

I've just got the replacement 720 from HandTec. Hooked it upto the PC and it downloaded the latest Navcore and Home 2 software and everything worked beautifully. Virtual TomTom fully working - no problems.
I then connected the bluetooth to my phone and yes, you've guessed it. The XULrunner.exe problem is back, exactly as before. I then disconnect the bluetooth and tried another, different phone and the same problem is there. Remove the bluetooth connection again and magically it's all fixed.

So it looks like this is what the problem is. The new Navcore 7.01.8290 is having problems with bluetooth connected to a phone. I guess that's why not everybody is reporting having this problem.

Oh well, so my previous unit wasn't a duff one after all - it definitely is the Navcore software. I'm going to get a note off to TT right now and keep my fingers crossed for a fix.

Admin / Mods - this thread may be useful as a sticky for 520/720 users - you may need to make the title more obvious

Skwark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the speaker issue? Have you tried volume at 100% running off the battery at 50% charge? Just curious if this one's hardware related...
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hindsight wrote:
OK, here's the story.

I've just got the replacement 720 from HandTec. Hooked it upto the PC and it downloaded the latest Navcore and Home 2 software and everything worked beautifully. Virtual TomTom fully working - no problems.
I then connected the bluetooth to my phone and yes, you've guessed it. The XULrunner.exe problem is back, exactly as before. I then disconnect the bluetooth and tried another, different phone and the same problem is there. Remove the bluetooth connection again and magically it's all fixed.

So it looks like this is what the problem is. The new Navcore 7.01.8290 is having problems with bluetooth connected to a phone. I guess that's why not everybody is reporting having this problem.

Oh well, so my previous unit wasn't a duff one after all - it definitely is the Navcore software. I'm going to get a note off to TT right now and keep my fingers crossed for a fix.

Admin / Mods - this thread may be useful as a sticky for 520/720 users - you may need to make the title more obvious
Can you clarify? Is this caused by the bluetooth connection being active? Or are you having to delete the bluetooth pairing each time?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Skwark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You delete the paired phone(s) from the "Manage phones" option on the tomtom to get it working - just the fact that it has been paired with a phone is enough to cause the bug, it doesn't have to be active.
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted my phone from the 720 and Home2 now works.

That confirms it's a Navcore issue by the looks of it. Rolling Eyes
slednap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip hindsight. Smile

I can also confirm that removing the phone solves the problem. I hope tomtom isn't to long with the fix.

Cheers.

Sled
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well blow me down ,have just tried this and it now works after removing phone

i've just reconnected my phone and it failed ...BUT i thought of just disabling the bluetooth connections and it works again (much easier to disable boothtooth that have to remove add phone evertime ),can someone try that and confirm
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slednap wrote:
Thanks for the tip hindsight. Smile

I can also confirm that removing the phone solves the problem. I hope tomtom isn't too long with the fix.

Cheers.

Sled
You mean you believe Tom Tom read these threads? Ah, Bless. Stop it! Surprised
With my replacement 720 already (I hope) in the tender care of Citylink for delivery tomorrow morning before 9:30, I have now already paired my GO710 with my phone so that I shall be "communicado" - I previously had dumped the 710 bluetooth phone connection and kept my GO700 at it - far superior. But finding the (first) 720 quite adequate for hands free, I let the 700 go, so if my new one does the same as yours, I won't be able to use it for phone.

Question is - hindsight have you passed the benefit of your appropriate nickname to Tom Tom? Or are we all hoping they really do read these threads?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: