Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best System for me
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best System for me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Best System for me Reply with quote

Hi all I have been using a snooper S6-R bought secondhand it detected Radar ok but never mobile laser vans.
I now want to buy a new Satnav and speed camera GPS unit I have considered the Snooper Syrius plus but my main problem with all these types of unit is the big expense of updateing the info all the time looking on your site its a lot cheaper to update stuff. but there is no support for snooper so can anybody recomend a satnav/camera unit that can be updated on here.
I will hardly use the mapping but its handy for the odd time I will need it !! I really need the camera alerts many thanks den
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get a TomTom One, they are easy to use and will warn of cameras either with or without a route selected, you can also install spoken alerts to the unit so it will actually tell you the type of camera and rated speed - Mike
tvden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi many thanks for info had a look at the tom toms and a Tom Tom one GB/XL would do me.
One question though ?? would it be better to use the PGPSW daterbase on it, I ask this as I need the best updates on mobile camera sites Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means try the offering from TomTom but don't rely on it at all, the one from this site is as good as you will get.
As the TT is pre-loaded with the TT database why not install the one from this site and leave them both on the device (for a week or two) - you will soon make up your mind which one works Wink - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: